Showing page 8 of 10 - There are 281 Cars articles
- 2007-03-26 11:53:50 - Extend the life of your new or used car
- You don't think much about your car do you? Your car sits outside 24/7, 365 days a year in all extremes of weather. You routinely drive it at speeds that exceed 70 mph. You stop, start, stop, start through city traffic. You sit idling in traffic jams day after day. Yet, you expect your car to start every time you get into it and turn the key.
The best thing that you can do to extend...
- 2007-03-26 11:53:50 - Excellent quality catalytic converters available at parts train
- Automotive converters, you can look at stores that sell better catalytic mufflers, but the easiest way is to surf the Internet for more automotive converters. Some better catalytic mufflers consume or require more power or strength than others. Brand is an important consideration when shopping for different ignition converters while the price of the type of catalytic muffler depends on many differ...
- 2007-03-26 11:53:50 - Excellent jetta car parts for the impressive vw jetta available at parts train
- The Jetta has long been the company's best-selling model in the U.S. it has always been a car that appeals to Americans far more than Europeans. Its continued success is central to Volkswagen's fortunes in this most critical market outside of Europe.
During Volkswagen of America's 50-year history in the U.S. it has managed to produce cars that appeal to young and old, male and femal...
- 2007-03-26 11:53:50 - Durable and long-lasting radiator parts now on sale at parts train
- Your car radiator is the primary cooling mechanism for your engine. Parts train's Radiators are a simple and elegant solution to the need for engine cooling. Parts train's Radiators are mostly made of aluminum. Light and strong, aluminum is great for making radiators. It is the material of choice for most of today's radiators. Light and intelligently designed, aluminum radiators are standard on ma...
- 2007-03-26 11:53:50 - Drive away with a good deal
- (ARA) - With interest rates at all-time lows, consumers are taking advantage of the long-term savings on big ticket items like cars. If you're one of the many people who are planning to buy or lease a new car, make sure your finances are in order so the purchase process is hassle free.
First, do an honest assessment of your current financial situation. Can you really afford to buy o...
- 2007-03-26 11:53:50 - Does your car?s air filter need replacing?
- (ARA) How good are you about changing your vehicle's air filter? The owner's manuals in most cars and trucks recommend you check the filter -- which is designed to trap dirt and contaminants before they reach your engine -- every time you get an oil change, and replace it whenever it's dirty or has been driven 20,000 miles, whichever comes first. For people who regularly drive on dirt or sand road...
- 2007-03-26 11:53:50 - Dodge design statement shatters conventions while parts train's high quality dodge parts are bestsellers
- Trevor Creed, Senior Vice President - Design, Chrysler Group, is quoted as saying; ?With its bold styling and clever packaging, Caliber is pure Dodge.?
Distinctive Dodge Caliber concept was unveiled at the 75th annual Geneva International Motor Show. A five-door vehicle combines a sporty coupe-like profile with the strength, stance and functionality of an SUV.
Dodge makes muc...
- 2007-03-26 11:53:50 - Do your part for the environment, your health, and your wallet
- Vehicle owners nationwide have the same complaint; the high price of gasoline. It's as if you're going to work just to pay for the gas to fill up your tank. Everyone knows when the price of oil goes up, the cost of everything else rises. And the price of keeping your engine running smooth always puts you back in the hole financially.
People who dwell in larger cities constantly brea...
- 2007-03-26 11:53:50 - Dealing with an overheated radiator
Overheating is one of the most common breakdowns that autos encounter during the summer season. It happens when the temperature of the coolant exceeds the normal operating temperature range of the engine. Overheating has many causes. Idling under hot weather for prolonged periods can wreak havoc on the cars cooling system, because the water pump doesn't turn fast enough. Thus the c...
- 2007-03-26 11:53:50 - Customizing your car: pinstriping basics
- Did you know pinstriping has a long history? Even before the invention of automobiles, pinstriping was used as an ornamental decoration for horse and buggy carriages.
Custom pinstripes started appearing on automobiles in the mid-1950s. Although pinstriping had been on cars long before that, the last American car to appear with auto pinstriping had been made by General Motors in the ...
- 2007-03-26 11:53:50 - Custom accessories add style and personality to your car
- (ARA) - Some drivers go to extremes to make their vehicle stand out from the crowd. There's even an Art Car Fest featuring cars with Happy Meal toys glued all over or decorated to resemble a zebra. These cars could stop traffic -- but in an odd rather than exciting way.
If you long to add some sizzle to your ride, consider custom accessories. Perhaps you dream about hood or roof sco...
- 2007-03-26 11:53:50 - Cooling system: how it affects your mazda car?s performance
Just like human beings, the car needs to dissipate heat in order to avoid overheating and exhaustion. During combustion, the engine produces large amount of heat?about 4,000 degrees Fahrenheit. This is too much for the engine to bear so a cooling system is needed to keep it at a normal temperature. Cars usually overheat due to a damaged part in the cooling system, especially the ra...
- 2007-03-26 11:53:50 - Cool cars - what is hot and what is not
- What is at the heart of cool cars everywhere? Is it the speed they can travel at? Is it the thought of the wind brushing your hair? If it's the latter, then you have a soft top (convertible), or someone's pinched your roof!
Well, it could be either of these things. Or perhaps cool cars mean something else to you entirely. But to me, it is the shape of the car. Not so much co...
- 2007-03-26 11:53:50 - Consider switching to winter tires
- (NC)?When it comes to tires, Canadian motorists are advised to remember the famous nickname given to our fair country ? the Great White North. Canadians still on the fence about installing winter tires should know that unpredictable and cold weather can create dangerous driving conditions that can catch even the most experienced drivers off guard.
"Your tires are the only part of th...
- 2007-03-26 11:53:50 - Consider fuel efficiency when buying a car
- When you need to buy your next automobile make sure that fuel economy doesn't get lost in the shuffle. Buying a compact car with good gas mileage is both friendly to the environment and your pocket book. You will enjoy the savings throughout the life of the vehicle.
There is a lot to consider when buying a car. If you are buying a used car the condition of the clutch, brakes, engine...
- 2007-03-26 11:53:50 - Choosing the right car? the key to fall adventure
- (ARA) ? Driving, across the country or merely a state line or two, is the quintessential sport. Our cars transport us to destinations like family reunions, vacations and honeymoons. You won't find it on the front page of the sports section, but driving, windows down, music blaring and sunshine hot on your face has become a tradition that's getting more popular every year.
- 2007-03-26 11:53:50 - Choosing a safe and reliable car transport service
- It doesn't matter if your car is a sports car, an antique car, or even just a plain family car, if you want it safely delivered to you, you will have to find a reliable and affordable transport company that has a car transport package that suits your needs and your budget.
But, when choosing a car transport service you have to be aware of some issues regarding the transport and deli...
- 2007-03-26 11:53:50 - Choosing a car stereo
- can be a complicated and difficult task, especially for individuals with little knowledge on the subject. This process requires extensive research in order to determine you are receiving the best deal possible. Before going to a car stereo dealer, you may want to review and understand all the components of a car stereo. This way, you can personally choose which components you would like for your c...
- 2007-03-26 11:53:50 - Chevy silverado hybrid pickup 2005 revs it up in performance parts at partstrain
- Vehicles with bigger, less fuel-efficient engines will benefit more from hybrid technology, thus big pickup trucks, vans and SUVs are prime candidates for the gas-saving benefits of hybrid technology. The Chevy Silverado hybrid pickup feature GM's 5300 Vortec V-8 and Hydra-Matic 4L60-E four-speed automatic transmission, coupled with hybrid technology that delivers 10 to 12 percent improved fuel ec...
- 2007-03-26 11:53:50 - Chevrolet corvette 2006: get superior chevrolet auto parts from partstrain
- With 500 horsepower, GM says the 2006 Corvette Z06 is the fastest, most powerful car ever offered by the automaker. The car can zip from 0 to 60 miles per hour in less than four seconds and fly through the quarter-mile in less than 12 seconds with a top speed of more than 190 mph on a racetrack.
"We buy watches that cost thousands of dollars and don't tell time better than a $20 Swa...
- 2007-03-26 11:53:50 - Checking fluids
- Keeping your vehicle in tip-top shape requires constant monitoring of vital fluids. Read you owners manual and look for a diagram of the engine. Most times there will be a diagram showing where to check all the major fluids. This should be your starting point. If your manual is lost in the glove box or you never had one, then ask your mechanic or a friend who knows cars to show you all the places ...
- 2007-03-26 11:53:50 - Car ground effects : should you install yourself ??
- To make your car handle and look better you need the right car ground effects. Use aero-dynamic wings, spoilers, dams or skirts to get the down force plus the stylish look you have been looking for. These car ground effects features are not just pretty add-on's, they are designed to really work on your car, truck, jeep or suv ! Generally, they are wind-tunnel tested to generate huge rear down forc...
- 2007-03-26 11:53:50 - Car alarm - attempt to discourage theft of car
- A car alarm is a device installed in a car in an attempt to discourage theft of that car. Most alarms work by making a loud sound. Other alarms disable the ignition of the car, or send a signal to the owner (by way of a beeper) that his or her car is being disturbed
Car alarms are set off by vibrations, tilting of the car (to prevent unauthorized towing), or touching the car. The vast major...
- 2007-03-26 11:53:50 - Buying new vs. used cars.
- New vs used. Which car is right for you? Consider the following.
Owning a brand new car is exciting. But financially speaking, it makes more sense to buy a used car. As soon as you drive a new car off the lot, it loses a great portion of its value. This is because your car is no longer ?new?.
New cars lose about 40% of their value within 3 years, then depreciation sta...
- 2007-03-26 11:53:50 - Buying a used or second hand car in uk
- If you are considering the purchase of your next used or second hand car, you might at this point be very nervous. Its not a purchase you make regularly like going to the supermarket for your monthly shop or buying that next outfit for hitting the town. Its something you might only do every three or four years sometimes longer.
Some popular makes are:
Audi, Alfa Romeo...
- 2007-03-26 11:53:50 - Buying a used car - the wise way!
- I have always purchased my cars used. And each time, I got a great deal. Don't think I counted on luck, though - no siree. There are a few "musts" for making sure you don't end up drinking "lemon"-ade.
Spending a little time now may save you serious money later. Check Consumer Reports on the safest cars out there. Looks are one thing, but don't ignore safety.
Go to a ...
- 2007-03-26 11:53:50 - Bumpers: its importance, functions and where to find replacement bumpers
Bumpers are one of the most essential auto parts. They serve both an aesthetic and practical function. They are also important safety features. Bumpers are made of heavy sheet metal and are mounted on the front and rear of the car. Bumpers are bent and formed into specific shapes in order to absorb and deliver momentum during a collision. In the event of a collision, the bumper abs...
- 2007-03-26 11:53:50 - Bmw 2006: bmw performance parts, aftermarket parts from parts train
- The BMW M6 is the most sophisticated and powerful BMW 6 Series Coupe ever. Under the lightweight body of this luxurious 2+2 lurks a thoroughbred super sports car boasting a V10, 507bhp power unit, providing 520Nm of torque. A seven-speed sequential manual gearbox and a superior chassis and suspension compliment its engine.
The all-new M6 features weight-saving technologies such as a...
- 2007-03-26 11:53:50 - Biker's revelations
- I have loved motorcycles from the moment I have mounted on it and roam around the neighborhood. Even though it has caused me several falls, bruises and injuries still, I consider it as a passion. I like the feel of dominion. The way I can control power and speed. Learning to control something that was, at first, frightening is satisfying.
Learning to control the motorcycle involves ...
- 2007-03-26 11:53:50 - Best negotiating tips when buying an used car
- Being a good negotiator doesn't have to be difficult. Sooner or later everyone has to negotiate with someone if they want to get a good deal on a purchase.
When you are trying to negotiate with a car dealer, you should know that they are very practiced in the art already. You will need to know how to get through their car speak in order to be successful.
Since you now...