Showing page 1 of 3 - There are 87 Virus articles
- 2011-04-03 18:17:31 - Check out a hoax - a prime source email
- Let's face it, we live in an age where we are constantly flooded with endless streams of information. We get it from the TV, radio, word of mouth, newspapers, smart phones as well the internet. The internet thrives on information, but the problem is that there are troublemakers out there who take advantage of the sheer volume of data, hoping that their messages will be accepted as part of the norm...
- 2010-06-10 17:33:33 - Virus spyware removal - computer network support - computer networking services - business it support - pc laptop repair
- Albany , NY area - June 09 , 2010 – Computer Answers is a leading provider of Business IT services, Computer networking services , Remote technical services , Pc and Laptop repair services and so on. Computer Answers is a complete computer technical solution provider for your IT problem.
Virus and Spyware Removal
The internet ...
- 2010-05-19 01:31:24 - Natural herpes remedies
- People Are Longing For Reliable Natural Herpes Remedies
Why? Let us first of all learn some plain facts about herpes in human
society. Herpes is one of the most common STDs (STD is for sexually
transferable diseases). Approximately 19 million new STD infections are
discovered each year in the USA and it's sad to say that almost half of
new STD infectio...
- 2007-04-06 22:38:29 - Why do i need anti virus software for my computer?
- If you've recently purchased a computer, or are just learning about using email and the internet, you may have heard about computer viruses and anti-virus software. You may be wondering if this is something that you should be concerned about, and if so, what you should do about it. This article will attempt to answer these questions for you.
First, you may be wondering just what a c...
- 2007-04-06 22:38:29 - Why choose dial up isp services
- Dial up ISP service is the cheapest choice of any of the ISPs and may be a good option for that family on a tight budget. The software upgrades have definitely increased the speed of dial up ISPs, but their speed is still slower than some other options. Dial up ISP service can be purchased from several different companies including Earthlink, AOL, Juno, and others.
One of the major ...
- 2007-04-06 22:38:29 - Virus prevention and removal
- A virus is a piece of code that gets loaded onto your computer without your knowledge and runs against your wishes. The first known occurrence of viruses goes back to 1987 when the ARPANET was infected by one.
One common misnomer among people is that you can infect your computer just by opening an email and reading its text. That is not possible; it is usually the files attached to ...
- 2007-04-06 22:38:29 - Use a spyware remover now
- If you use the internet, ?There is over 90% chance your computer is infected with spyware? - Source CNN.
Just think about it. You probably have at least one, if not more computers in your home. Most computers today have internet access. And if you receive email from others and surf to a couple of sites can you be almost completely sure you have some kind of spyware installed in your...
- 2007-04-06 22:38:29 - Traditional antivirus programs useless against new unidentified viruses!
- Most traditional antivirus programs rely on their database. Potentially hazardous files are matched against the database to see whether they are to be considered safe or not. Since a new virus can spread world wide within a few hours it can cause severe damage to your computer long before the manufacturer of the antivirus program identifies the virus and updates the database. You also need to go o...
- 2007-04-06 22:38:29 - Top 10 ways to protect yourself from computer viruses
- As more and more people are becoming comfortable using their computers at school, home or in the office it's only a matter of time before they encounter a computer virus. Here are our top 10 steps to protect you from computer viruses.
Use a high quality anti-virus program. There are many different anti-virus computers programs on the market some of them are better than others. Look ...
- 2007-04-06 22:38:29 - Tips for safer computing online
by BB Lee (C)2004
New computer viruses threaten the unwary user everyday. Hackers
jeopardize your online security with invasive computer techniques to
steal your passwords, personal information, even identity.
Unscrupulous marketers bait you with free software that unleashes
spyware, trojans, or worms, on your syste...
- 2007-04-06 22:38:29 - The west's wild internet
Kenneth J. McCormick
In the old days, in what has become known as the Wild West, there were people who would try and sell you 'medicine' that could not only cure any ailment you had, and it could also be used as paint remover, furniture polish ...
- 2007-04-06 22:38:29 - The top twelve threats no computer user should ignore by kai chandler
- The Top Twelve Threats No Computer User Should Ignore
The internet is undoubtedly a fantastic resource for
families and offers a rich vein of educational content.
However, there are potential dangers - welcome to the
seedy world of viruses, spam, trojans, pornography, spyware
and other nasties.
Here are the Top Twelve Threats No Computer Us...
- 2007-04-06 22:38:29 - The quickest way i know to secure your pc-safety in 7 easy steps
- The Quickest Way I Know To Secure Your PC-Safety In 7
Easy Steps And Only Using Free Software While Not Missing The
One Critical Piece Of Free Software That's Been Overlooked By
Can You Prevent Spyware, Worms, Trojans, Viruses,
... To Work When You Switch Your Pc On ?
I Can And I Do It On A Pro-active Basis.
Surfing Means More ...
- 2007-04-06 22:38:29 - The opera alternative
- Security flaws have long plagued Internet Explorer (IE), the market-dominating web browser from Microsoft. IE won the early browser wars, not only because it was free and bundled with Windows, but because it had some features and capabilities that its only real competitor, Netscape, didn't have. But the behind-the-scenes programming that makes those features possible is the very coding that also l...
- 2007-04-06 22:38:29 - The never ending spyware..story
- It's been with us since 1993, it's gotten more intrusive, more complicated.
It's created a whole ecosystem, so to speak.
A person sits somewhere, writing a new virus, a new application of Spyware. It is put onto the Internet and Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware vendors begin to develop definitions to combat it, maybe even to stop it permanently. These fixes are incorporate...
- 2007-04-06 22:38:29 - The difference between spyware and viruses
- Feel free to reprint this article in newsletters and on
websites, with resource box included. If you use this
article, please send a brief message to let me know where
it appeared: email@example.com
Word Count = 420
Word Wrapped to 60 characters per line
- 2007-04-06 22:38:29 - Spyware: what it is and how to combat it
- Spyware is software or hardware installed on a computer
without the user's knowledge which gathers information about
that user for later retrieval by whomever controls the
Spyware can be broken down into two different categories,
surveillance spyware and advertising spyware.
Surveillance software includes key loggers, screen captur...
- 2007-04-06 22:38:29 - Spyware - is your computer safe?
- Spyware is the virtual plague of the new Millenium. You no longer have to receive emails with viruses in them or even click on dangerous links on websites. Simply surfing the web can now leave you wide open to the scourge of spyware. You may also hear spyware referred to as malware.
What is spyware?
Spyware is when a program is placed on your PC without your consent. ...
- 2007-04-06 22:38:29 - Shocking facts about updating your pc operating system
- From "ignorance is bliss" to "surprise attack and disaster" - how many thousands of Internet users have experienced this frustration and grief?
This raises the obvious question: "Why haven't they prepared to avoid it?"
The startling fact is that there are many long term Internet users who have never even considered updating their Operating Systems and protective Safe-...
- 2007-04-06 22:38:29 - Registry cleaners: why do you need one?
- The registry is the place where your computer stores the configuration information about your computer and your installed programs so that your operating system can use them.
Maintaining the registry is an important step in keeping your computer healthy. Registry problems can include slow performance, computer crashing, and the annoyingh Microsoft Windows error messages.
- 2007-04-06 22:38:29 - Registry cleaner: protection for your pc
- Your personal computer saves all the processes that are happening within it. The operating system has its own log of these programs running, and changes that are happening within it. What is a registry cleaner? First you must understand what a registry is. A registry is an applet within your compendium pack of an operating system. Within the term itself ??registry?? registers the processes that ta...
- 2007-04-06 22:38:29 - Recognizing a pc with malware
- What can you do if you think your computer is affected by spyware or a virus or other malware? (Malware is short for malicious
software.) First let me assure you that you aren't in this alone. There are excellent resources and community sites dedicated to
helping dig people out of the mess that malware can make. Many of them are free and I'll point you to them in this...
- 2007-04-06 22:38:29 - Reclaim your pc from the internet spies
- Most Internet users recognize the need of protecting their computers against viruses, as the vast majority of us sooner or later become painfully aware of these nasty little programs when they shut down our PC, spam our mailbox or delete our files.
Viruses are, however, not the only malicious software programs out there. The newest addition to the evil software family is the so call...
- 2007-04-06 22:38:29 - Protection for your computer system - painless and free !
- Painless (and FREE) P.C. Protection
Viruses, Bugs, Worms, Dataminers, Spybots, and Trojan horses. The Internet is a veritable minefield of things that can invade your PC and affect it's Security and Performance.
You can do something about it and you can do it FREE, using some or all of the following programs and tips.
One of the be...
- 2007-04-06 22:38:29 - Protect your system from the internet evils
- Ads, Spyware and Popups: the Internet is an aggressively commercial place. Internet marketing is hugely profitable; owners of frequently visited websites can make a reasonable living just off a few banner ads placed on their site. Software was quickly developed that would attempt to block these ads from loading and being displayed leaving the Internet free from irritants so the user could just vie...
- 2007-04-06 22:38:29 - Privacy on the internet
Over the past few years as the internet has become more and more popular, privacy has become a major issue.
Just as if you are walking down the street and can be watched, every click of your mouse every website you browse, or file you download, is traceable. In recent years this has become a major issue.
The most currently talked about privacy...
- 2007-04-06 22:38:29 - Pc to phone voip over dial-up
- So you've heard that you can use your computer to make cheap long-distance calls over the Internet. Maybe you've even tried it. Chances are though that if you've attempted VoIP calls over a dial-up connection, you've experienced intermittent quality, 'call drop-outs' and annoying speech transmission delays. The good news is that there are some quick, easy steps that you can take to dramatically im...
- 2007-04-06 22:38:29 - Optimize your computer for peak performance
- Is your computer running slower than ever? Does it crash a
If so it might be because advertisers have loaded it up with
Spy and Adaware without your knowledge.
"Spyware" is a common term for files that are installed on
your system that allow companies to monitor your Internet
"Adaware" is software that will sho...
- 2007-04-06 22:38:29 - Network security 101
- As more people are logging onto the Internet everyday, Network Security becomes a larger issue. In the United States, identity theft and computer fraud are among the fastest rising crimes. It is important to protect your network and ensure the safety of all computers and users in that network.
What is a Network?
In order to fully understand network security, one must ...
- 2007-04-06 22:38:29 - More free tools increase security for your pc
- - by Jim Edwards
(c) Jim Edwards - All Rights reserved
A recent article about preventing hackers from breaking
into your computer caused an overwhelming response by