Showing page 1 of 6 - There are 157 Divorce articles
- 2011-09-30 04:38:54 - How can i stop my divorce - thinking it through
- Ah yes, your wedding day. A day that's supposed to be one of the happiest in your life. The two of you were so happy at first, but then reality set in. You stopped getting along so well, and the arguments seemed to get worse. Or, maybe the problem is that there was no arguing at all. Maybe one of you just didn't care enough to even bother. Whatever the case may be, you are now at the point where y...
- 2011-05-12 16:26:49 - New marriage after divorce - workout past baggage first
- You were divorced several years ago and now are wondering how a new marriage after divorce would work out. The first one did not go so well and even though you were married for years you were just never that happy. Was it you? Was it him? Who really can answer that question? Hopefully the lawyers chimed in on this one.
My suggestion would be to talk out your insecurities with a prof...
- 2011-05-12 16:26:05 - Inlaws in marriage - tips to deal with inlaw dynamics
- Inlaws in marriage, wow, I can't think of another topic that has fueled the routine of more stand up comics than this. It can be a slippery slope to be sure. You want to like your in-laws, and have them like you. But sometimes they just don't know when to quit, do they? Finding common ground, and peace will require a few simple techniques for you and your spouse to learn.
My first m...
- 2011-05-10 13:46:51 - New marriage after divorce will always have some baggage
- All new marriages have their own unique issues. It can take time for two people to get used to each others mood and rhythms. This is really a challenge if you haven't lived together before the marriage. When you consider the "normal" challenges of a newlywed couple and then consider the challenges of a new marriage after divorce it's easy to see that things could get tricky.
- 2011-03-23 00:12:58 - How to save a marriage comes down to patience
- For couples that find themselves in the predicament of contemplating divorce, the first thing that they need to do is stop everything. This is not the time to make hasty decisions. If you want to know how to save a marriage it comes down to patience.
Since marriage is such an important bonding of two people, it should be preserved and guarded with every fiber of their beings. But of...
- 2011-03-19 12:57:23 - How can i stop my divorce
- A lot of people going through rough times will ask the question, "How Can I Stop My Divorce?" There is no real catch all answer or solution to the question; each marriage and each person is different. There are some mistakes that are very commonly made, however, and from these we can learn what needs to be done to win back a partner and avoid mistakes.
The first common mistake is t...
- 2011-03-17 20:03:10 - Is it worth it to enter relationship counseling
- When it comes to counseling, the one that is most called upon is relationship counseling. Out of every twenty couples, 17 of them have underwent some form of relationship counseling. With good reason, too, since relationships tend to be counter intuitive. Counselors who specialize in relationships have helped couples to live happier and more fulfilled.
To dispel the myths surroundi...
- 2011-03-16 00:24:53 - Separation relationships - is it really over
- Separation relationships are often the step that comes before divorce but that is not always the case. Some relationships need help to get through a rough patch and even if it has come to a separation there may still be hope of reunited and making the relationship work. If you both still love one another and still want the relationship to work, then it can be saved if you both put in the effort....
- 2011-03-10 22:10:41 - How to stop a divorce - yes it can be done
- Getting married is supposed to be one of the happiest days of your life, and it often is. However, the honeymoon soon comes to an end and reality sets in. You have tried to smooth things over, but now you are on the verge of splitting up. What you need want to know is how to stop a divorce.
The main question is do you just have a feeling that a divorce is about to happen, has it bee...
- 2011-01-12 05:24:19 - Stop your divorce
- If your relationship is so bad that it has landed in divorce court, why would you want to stop your divorce? We all know that relationships are never perfect. Some may seem like they are but there are always little things that creep in and cause trouble. If these little things get big enough then divorce is usually the only option left.
But, if you want to stop your divorce and try ...
- 2010-12-10 22:44:38 - How to stop a divorce in its tracks
- If you find that your marriage is on the rocks than you are probably wondering how to stop a divorce. There are so many things you can do, but the exact steps you will take will depend on what the problems are in your marriage and how well the two of you will work together.
Neither of you can do it all on our own. You must accept that the two of you must be on the same page. If one ...
- 2010-11-03 01:37:32 - Help - how can i stop my divorce right now
- In a perfect world, every married couple would be happily married. There would be no arguments and you would both love each other more than anything else. That all may be great, but we live in the real world, and have to deal with real world problems. If you are going through a tough spot and are on the verge of breaking up, you may be wondering "how can I stop my divorce?"
- 2010-05-07 18:10:22 - How to save marriage
- The problem how to save marriage can pop up almost all of a sudden. Why?
People marry when they fall in love - nobody doubts. But they do not need
to go into marriage blindfolded, or the time may come when the question
how to save marriage can arise. At least you should know what to expect.
Marriage is a complicated thing and often it is difficult to determine if...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - The legal side of divorce
- While divorce can be an emotionally draining experience, even in the best of situations, it can also be a complicated legal matter that affects both parties equally. No matter how long your marriage has lasted or how few belongings you share together, it is also best to involve an attorney in your divorce proceedings. With out legal representation your rights could go unprotected and you could end...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - 5 ways to ensure you will have a happy life after divorce
- Life after divorce is something that most people who are going through divorce think about. Thinking about having a life after divorce or thinking about how your life will be after divorce, are common because people tend to fear for themselves. In fact, think about having a life after divorce while getting a divorce can be a sticking point for some people because they just aren't sure what their l...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - The job of a divorce attorney
- Marriage is a very solemn and serious chapter on any person's life. However, due to personal reasons, a couple may decide to call everything off and file a divorce. Divorce, or dissolution, as it is increasingly becoming known, is a process that legally terminates a marriage no longer considered viable by one or both of the spouses, and that permits both to remarry. All options for reconciliation ...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - The heart moves on: using ceremony to mark the end of a relationship
- Divorce or the end of a long-term relationship is a particularly difficult experience because it makes you deal with two different sets of issues.Issues of endings, separation, and letting go (disappointment, anger, sadness, fear and trying to achieve closure) Issues of acceptance, forgiveness, becoming open to new beginnings and new possibilities.A Divorce/End of Re...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - Seven sets of documents you need for your divorce
- Even if you believe your case will ultimately be agreed to and settled without a trial, you will be in a much better position if you already have the relevant documents in your possession. Better safe than sorry.You should locate the relevant documents, make copies, and keep them somewhere secure, like your office or with a friend. You will then have access when it is needed.Here are...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - How to use a divorce lawyer
- You want three things in your divorce attorney: expertise in divorce, reliability, and a good attitude. You want a lawyer who specializes in divorce (at least 50% of his/her case load), and unless you're expecting a no-holds-barred battle, you want a lawyer trained in divorce mediation who practices it professionally. Mediation-minded attorneys are more likely to give you neutral and problem-solvi...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - Cheating husbands - meeting needs?
- Husbands cheat on their wives for many reasons. They could be bored with their lifestyle and feel that they need to do something exciting or they could be having a midlife crisis. The latter is very common as many husbands cheat on their wives when they seem to reach 40 for some reason.Perhaps it is because they suddenly realise that 40 could possibly be half way through their lives and the...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - What are you waiting for?
- So, you've decided that you're no longer "a couple", but for whatever reason, you and your spouse have decided to stay together "for the sake of the children".Isn't that what the children need? Don't they need the strength of a two parent household in this mad society that we live in? Don't they need the emotional assurance that Mom AND Dad are together? Don't they? Or do they?...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - Effects of divorce on children
- When a couple decides their marriage is over, a tremendous sense of grief and relief are felt. A recently divorced person will feel grief over the loss of their marriage and the loss of their partner in life. But there is also a sense of relief that the pain and anguish is now over and their healing can begin. For couples without children divorce is a far simpler process. They are not continually ...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - A time of grief and healing after separation and divorce
- I thought I would never feel the light of life again when I realized that my marriage was going to end. In fact I went through a painful year of not knowing if it would end. I had several months of suspecting that she was having an affair. There was weeks that I didn't see her because she was staying out all night. I tried to do everything that I thought would help to mend the situation. I tried t...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - An in-depth look at army divorce rates
- Raleigh, NC-The largest divorce firm in the state, Rosen Law Firm, says they're not surprised by the sharp increase among Army divorce rates and that more needs to be done to counsel the spouses left at home and those deployed overseas."There's a huge difference between typical divorces that we see on a daily basis and the military divorces that we're seeing," says Janet Fritts, a...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - Coping with divorce anger
- Successfully releasing your anger will help you begin healing after your divorce. Right now you may feel a great deal of rage at your ex-husband. You might be thinking that if it weren't for him, your life wouldn't be so messed up. These feelings are actually a necessary part of your healing.Acknowledging AngerWouldn't you just love to tell him what a sorry human being he is? How he ...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - Anatomy of a divorce: how it really works
- The legal divorce vs. your real divorce The legal divorce has very limited concerns: to get a judgment of divorce, you have to make arrangements for your property, your children, and support (if any). If you have a high degree of conflict, it is also about keeping the peace and protecting you, your children and your property. That's it; that's all the legal divorce is about....
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - Divorce--getting legal help without paying exorbitant attorneys fees
- Ignorance is the most common trap in the business of divorce, so becoming informed is crucial. However, friends, relatives and "common knowledge" are the worst and most expensive sources of advice. Use these for moral support, but when they give you advice, just smile and say "Thank You" but do not take it seriously. If you didn't get the advice from a reputable book or an attorney, don't trust it...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - Advantages to doing your own divorce
- There are many advantages to doing your own divorce. Three significant ones are: you'll get a better divorce, you'll save a lot of money, and you'll be able to keep things simple.Getting a good divorceStudies show that active participation in your divorce is the single most important factor in getting a good divorce. "Good divorce" means such things as better compliance with a...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - Get over a divorce and prepare for divorce recovery!
- It can be difficult to get over a divorce and cope with a divorce when you are in pain. A ton of emotions and indecisiveness consumes you. There is a simple process to help the serious individual get over a divorce.Very few people stay with the same individual for over twenty years. Therefore, a divorce is inevitable. Yet, hearing the words, "Uh well, I don't know how to say this but I want...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - 9 steps to regaining self-esteem after divorce
- Divorce is difficult at the 'best' of times. Even when a couple makes a combined decision to divorce, it can be extremely trying.What happens if the decision is one sided? What happens to the party who can sometimes feel blind-sided by one person's decision that they no longer want to be a part of this union?Been there, done that. Only I wasn't the one who made the decision to leave ...