Car maintenance articles
Showing page 1 of 1 - There are 26 Car maintenance articles
- 2010-07-21 23:50:01 - Advantages and disadvantages of twin turbo kits
- The first gasoline powered car was invented by Karl Benz of Germany in 1885, and only 20 years later the first turbocharger was invented by Swiss engineer, Alfred Buchi. But unlike twin turbo kits of today, the first turbocharger was not intended for cars, but for large diesel engines on ships and airplanes. They were later used on diesel trucks, but it was not until the late 1970's that the first...
- 2007-03-26 11:42:54 - Why does a car engine overheat?
- There are many different reasons that can cause an engine overheat, but they all have in common three aspects. The three aspects which all engine overheat factors have in common are that they cause that the heating system can not get rid of heat, they cause a loss of coolant or they directly cause too much heat in the engine.
One first problem which might be the cause of an engine o...
- 2007-03-26 11:42:54 - What to do when a cold engine is hard to start
- Starting a car with a cold engine can be very difficult sometimes and it can become a real obstacle for those who live surrounded by extremely cold weathers. This way, for all those who might experience this problem it is not only important to learn how to overcome it but also why it happens in order to be able to prevent it as much as possible as well.
Cold engines might experience...
- 2007-03-26 11:42:54 - What is fleet maintenance management? -
- Fleet Maintenance Management is a critical position in any company that has a number of commercial vehicles. The individual responsible for the management and maintenance of fleet vehicles performs a variety of functions. It is imperative that companies such as delivery drivers or even taxi services know what is going on with their vehicles at all times. Preventative maintenance, order/vendor logg...
- 2007-03-26 11:42:54 - Vehicular diuretic
- ? To Use or Not to Use
By Dee Scrip ? All rights reserved
Diuretics, commonly known as "water pills," are designed to help eliminate water. In engines, water and fuel are inbred kissing cousins, that when left unsupervised, produce carbon baby abnormalities, e.g., power and performance demise, decreased mileage, increased toxic emissions, increased maintenance applica...
- 2007-03-26 11:42:54 - Understanding the provisions of your extended auto warranty
- An extended auto warranty can be a confusing document for many people. Indeed, there are very few people who actually completely understand the terms and conditions -- and the requirements placed on the consumer -- associated with an extended auto warranty. In this article, the reader is provided with a general overview of the standard terms and conditions associated with an extended auto warranty...
- 2007-03-26 11:42:54 - Tips in preventing motorcycle injuries
- Safety in riding motorcycles in order to prevent injuries is a very critical issue especially during the peak of motorcycle season. The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons are very much concerned about this issue since there are almost always a lot of motorcycle accidents happening at least one every few days. Most injuries noted from the people brought in the Level One Trauma Units range fro...
- 2007-03-26 11:42:54 - Tips for maintaining your snowblower
- If you don't want to be standing out in the cold arguing with a snowblower that doesn't want to run, then do the annual maintenance before the snow starts flying. Regular maintenance will give you years of hassle free use, and less attitude from your blower. Don't forget the safety aspect, because without proper maintenance your snowblower could become a hazard.
Each fall before win...
- 2007-03-26 11:42:54 - Support group for performance-challenged engines
- The heart of the circulatory system in vehicles is the engine. Your engine could be performance-challenged if it exhibits one or more of these symptoms:
? Chronic Fatigue
? Listlessness or Sluggishness
? Difficulty Maintaining Former Miles Per Gallon
? Hemophiliac Emissions
? Octane Deprivation
As the primary caregiver...
- 2007-03-26 11:42:54 - So you want to be a custom bike builder? start with a motorcycle kit!
- The step from reading about building motorcycle kits and watching bike builds on television to the real thing is a little more difficult than it looks.
So you want to be a custom bike builder? Well friend, before you rush out and buy that motorcycle kit, the one that will set you on the road to riches and fame, stop and think about the level of expertise and artistry the top builder...
- 2007-03-26 11:42:54 - Repairing your own machine components
- Many industrial concerns have workshops of their own. For the repair of worn shafts, the lathe machine is excellent. Keyway slots can be machined by using a milling machine, while a shaping machine can do machining of large flat areas. A drilling machine does drilling of holes.
A skilled Maintenance Engineer should know how to use all these machines in order to make his own repairs ...
- 2007-03-26 11:42:54 - Reading between the tires
- How do you read between the tires?
Every rider must have knowledge about tires. They must know its construction, its maintenance and care, how to mount and dismount it, how to troubleshoot and to take precautions. To do it here are the areas that need to be known by them:
1.The right size. Sizing is the process of choosing the tire by determining its rim width. This m...
- 2007-03-26 11:42:54 - Proper installation of used motorcycle cables
- Part and parcel of owning a bike is maintaining its appearance and its capability. Nevertheless, despite making sure that the parts and cables of the motorcycle give us maximum service, we cannot but accept that they have their own warranties and lifetimes.
Unlike artwork or antiques, motorcycles are made to be used and abused. With all the elements found in the environment, motorcy...
- 2007-03-26 11:42:54 - Preventative car maintenance and fuel filter replacement tips
- As with health care, preventative car maintenance is the best thing you can do for those dependable vehicles that get you where you want to go everyday. With preventative car maintenance you might invest a little here and there, but in the end, you will always save yourself time, money and the aggravation that comes with 'break-down' surprises. Listed below are some additional reasons to get serio...
- 2007-03-26 11:42:54 - Oil ? the life of your car
- Oil cleans your car. It lubricates parts. It helps cool things down. Without it, your engine would be sitting squarely in the center of your local junkyard.
Scheduling regular oil changes is vital to the life of any vehicle.
The oil filter keeps little bits of dust and other contaminants out of your engine, and helps ensure the oil runs smoothly, so you want to change...
- 2007-03-26 11:42:54 - "my motorcycle won't start!! what now?"
- Maintain your Battery and check your charging system!
9 times out of 10 the reason why your bike won't start is usually because of the battery condition or loose connections. A charging system failure is less likely but is still possible.
I will talk about both of them here.
First look at your battery connections. Check for obvious and easiest to fix pr...
- 2007-03-26 11:42:54 - Learn how to properly check tire pressure
- Tire pressure is one of the things a car needs to have checked most often. Ideally, you should check them once a month as well as any other time when they might look low. Also, if you are planning a long trip with your car, tire pressure is one of the main things you should check, along with a general checking.
The first thing you need in order to be able to check your car's tire pr...
- 2007-03-26 11:42:54 - Learn how to choose the right fuel treatments for your car
- Choosing the right fuel treatments might be the difference between your car mechanism's receiving bad deposits or not as well as it could reduce the engine's wear or increase it in case it was wrongly chosen. Due to all these reasons, it is very important that you buy the right fuel treatments for your car instead of choosing them randomly.
If you wish to learn which the right fuel ...
- 2007-03-26 11:42:54 - Keeping used motorcycle parts as good as new
- Even with regular maintenance and upkeep, our motorcycles tend to get used and subjected to different elements in the environment. To keep used motorcycle parts as good as the day when we first bought them, regular washing and rinsing will do the trick.
But you should take note how you do your washing. You might scratch parts of your motorcycle.
Top Rule: Avoid scratc...
- 2007-03-26 11:42:54 - How to change a tire without help
- Learning how to change a tire can be one of the most useful things you could learn regarding your car. Having a flat tire in the middle of a route or on your way to an appointment can be a big problem if you do not know how to change it and have to wait for help, and therefore, it would be great if you can do it without having to wait for someone else.
In order to change a tire you ...
- 2007-03-26 11:42:54 - Fuel flu epidemic sweeping the globe
- Ravaging the globe in biblical proportions is the Fuel Flu epidemic. Early signs include depleted budgets, indecision whether to drive or eat for the day, incessant complaining, and fear of the future.
Transport industries such as trucking, shipping, etc., found a temporary solution to the Fuel Flu ? pass the rising fuel costs down to us consumers of such necessities as food, clothi...
- 2007-03-26 11:42:54 - Frequent mistakes made when looking for motorcycle loans
- Whether interest rates are high or low or it's the end of a model year with lots of incentives, motorcycle buyers tend to make the same mistakes when shopping for a motorcycle loan. Here are four common mistakes motorcycle buyers make with motorcycle loans.
Shopping for a motorcycle before shopping for a motorcycle loan.
Many motorcycle buyers enter the showroom looki...
- 2007-03-26 11:42:54 - Different forklift accessories -
- There are several types of forklift accessories that make it possible to use the forklift in a variety of different situations. Add-ons make it possible to carry metal drums filled with liquid, large rolls of carpet, or even people.
Drum handlers make it possible to safely transport liquid filled drums on a forklift. Most drum handlers slide onto the forks of the lift, allowing the ...
- 2007-03-26 11:42:54 - Choose the best boat or yacht at our online auction
- The best way to enjoy a water escapade is to buy your own boat. Boat or yacht auctions is just the kind of place for you to pick up a boat or yacht of your choice at down to earth prices! A whole range of boat parts, hardware, accessories, electronics and instruments are also on offer on boat parts auctions!
But buying a boat or yacht at online auction also requires some careful pla...
- 2007-03-26 11:42:54 - A review of the most popular garage door openers -
- Genie, Chamberlain, Sears, Wayne-Dalton, Linear, and Universal (SkyLink) make some of the best garage door openers on the market. The following product reviews should be useful for those in the market for a garage door opener.
The Genie? Company is one of the most well-known and trusted companies in the US. Founded in 1923 under the name of the Alliance Manufacturing company, Genie ...
- 2007-03-26 11:42:54 - 5 automotive tools every auto owner needs
- Automobiles are sizeable investments. As a car becomes older, its maintenance becomes increasingly important. There are many tools that every auto owner should have. Auto shops can sometimes charge exurbanite amounts for a simple fix that could have been done at home for much cheaper. Having the proper tools and knowledge will allow any auto owner to save money, learn more about their automobile, ...