Showing page 1 of 1 - There are 28 Claims articles
- 2007-03-26 12:18:55 - Your social security approval package (finally, the long wait is over!)
- Back and forth to the Disability Determination Services (DDS). Arranging and rearranging data and documents for applications, appeals and motion of requests. Monthly contacts with the Social Security Administration Claims Rep and the DDS examiner. After endless consultations with your legal counsel or representatives, after many, many series of medical consultations and examinations, and finally, ...
- 2007-03-26 12:18:55 - You and the tort law: a guide
- Everyday, we're always at the risk of falling victim to misfortune whether it is from using defective products or unknowingly falling off into a manhole, or sustaining vast injuries due to serious highway accidents. You may think that accidents that happen everywhere to other people are of nobody's fault than theirs alone.But, once something happens to you, say you were bit by a dog whose owner wa...
- 2007-03-26 12:18:55 - What you shouldn?t believe about ssd
- The Social Security and Supplemental Security Income disability programs are the largest of several Federal programs that provide assistance to people with disabilities. American citizens have come to be aware that with the Social Security programs for disability benefits and SSI, security is still there for them, even as they are physically restricted, burdened with an illness and unable to work ...
- 2007-03-26 12:18:55 - What to do when your social security disability benefit gets denied?
- We do not get everything we want. There are times when we fail and lose our hope. But when is the time to give up? Or is there really a time meant for it?
Failures also invade administrative agencies and administrations. In fact, social security denies most of the claims presented to them. Social Security turns down so many social security disability benefit claims. What is the reas...
- 2007-03-26 12:18:55 - What to do if your disability case is denied
- Some American working class citizen come to the point in their lives when they find out that they become disabled due to a physical impairment/illness and can no longer perform on their present jobs or cannot hold down any kind of jobs anymore. To compensate for the income loss, they will go to file for disability insurance claims under the programs of Social Security ? Social Security Disability ...
- 2007-03-26 12:18:55 - Trademark infringement
- is a possibility for every business, whether you be on the receiving end of an infamous "Cease and Desist" letter, or whether you find that a competitor is infringing one of your trademarks. Either way, this is the time to find qualified legal assistance in the form of an experienced trademark attorney to help lead you through the quagmire.
If you have received a "Cease and Desist" ...
- 2007-03-26 12:18:55 - The complexity of wrongful death cases
- A wrongful death refers to the untimely death of a person/s due to accidents, criminal activities, or other person's negligence. Wrongful death cases are being filed by the surviving dependents of a wrongful death victim. In filing a wrongful death claim, there exists the so-called statute of limitations that sets a time frame on when to file a lawsuit prior to the incident. This means that even v...
- 2007-03-26 12:18:55 - Statutory dismissal and disciplinary procedures - as simple as 1, 2, 3?
- The DTI announced the introduction of the statutory procedures in October 2004 as being 'as simple as 1,2,3.' The procedures were intended to impose minimum standards when dealing with dismissal and disciplinary matters and to encourage employers and employees to resolve their disputes in the workplace. Our experience of the procedures over the last 8 months suggests that they are far from simple....
- 2007-03-26 12:18:55 - Social security medicare benefits
- There have been many discussions regarding social security but just what social security means. The term social security pertains to the benefit payments provided to workers and their dependents who qualify as beneficiaries under the old-age survivors and disability insurance programs of the social security act. The social security replaces a portion of the earnings lost as a result of retirement,...
- 2007-03-26 12:18:55 - Social security disability
- The supplemental security disability income programs are the largest of the federal programs that aid people during their disabilities. Moreover, only those individuals who have disability and meet the medical criteria may qualify for benefits under this program. Most of the people who qualify under this category are aged, blind as well as disabled people who have little or no income. The purpose ...
- 2007-03-26 12:18:55 - Social security disability secrets
- DisabilitySecrets.com aims to distribute crucial information on the important processes in getting your claim for disability and ssi benefits. We all know how hard it is to apply for disability and ssi benefits since Social Security has an unclear and not understandable procedures. This is the reason why DisabilitySecrets.com has joined the rapid explosion of websites due to the fast-rising Intern...
- 2007-03-26 12:18:55 - Should you hire an accident attorney
- You have been in a accident, automobile, slip and fall, workplace, etc.. Should you see or speak with an attorney?
As far as I am concerned, the answer is always yes.
When should you consult with an accident attorney? You should seek the advise of an accident attorney as soon as possible after the accident. Do not wait. You could be giving up certain rights. You shoul...
- 2007-03-26 12:18:55 - Osdl releases q&a addressing recent legal actions by sco group
- The Open Source Development Lab (OSDL), a global consortium of leading technology companies dedicated to accelerating the adoption of Linux, today released a Q&A paper written by noted technology law and intellectual property expert Lawrence Rosen. The paper asks and answers key questions about SCO Group's current lawsuit against IBM and about its threatened litigation against users of Linux. The ...
- 2007-03-26 12:18:55 - Lumbar pain and the system for the disabled
- One of the most commonly listed impairments on SSA applications for the disabled is lower lumbar pain. Why is this condition so "common"? Well, it's simply due to the way humans are built. The lower back area (particularly L5-S1) is the point at which we bend to pick up things and we often use it as a fulcrum to lift heavy objects. Unfortunately, because lower back problems are seen so often on di...
- 2007-03-26 12:18:55 - Insurance claims
- When you are involved in an accident insurance claims may not be the first thoughts on your mind. However, there are some procedures you should follow in order to preserve your right to file an insurance claim. This may be anything from hail damage to a stolen vehicle and does not refer solely to car accidents.
The first thing you want to do is prevention. Most insurance claims can ...
- 2007-03-26 12:18:55 - If your case gets denied
- If you have been injured or become ill and are no longer able to work, you have certain Social Security Disability Benefits. Social Security Disability is a benefit received from the Social Security Administration by disabled workers and in some cases their dependents, similar to those received by retired workers. And you will have to file your case.
Sheri Abrams states the statutes...
- 2007-03-26 12:18:55 - Ideas about reforming the system for the disabled
- There's an excellent website online published by a Dr. Holden, a former DDS medical consultant. I couldn't help but comment on one of the good doctor's recent writings in which he makes several suggestions for evaluation reform. To get right to the point, Dr. Holden's reform ideas seem to strongly revolve around the notions of upgrading the salaries of examiners and instituting a better medical tr...
- 2007-03-26 12:18:55 - How to protect requested confidential social security information?
- Social Security information requested by members should be treated with utmost care and must be kept securely. As much as it is the obligation and function of the Social Security to ensure the confidentiality of its members' accounts including all personal information pertaining to their members however requested and mailed information to members no longer covers the Social Security scope of prote...
- 2007-03-26 12:18:55 - How to make a better ssi case
- It is not actually that a person's disability claim is not believable enough or substantial enough that causes denied applications for the Social Security Disability or the Supplemental Security Income benefits. Represented or not, with undisputable medical records or not, seventy percent (70%) of all disability claims are denied at applications. Does this mean that, it really makes no difference ...
- 2007-03-26 12:18:55 - How to avoid probate
- Below is a discussion of how to handle probate First of all, what is probate? We've heard various things about probate and we are pretty sure that it deals with court matters that involve our property. We generally know that probate is something that happens after we die and it's a negative experience because it is expensive and it takes a lot of time. True, The Two Main Problems with probate are ...
- 2007-03-26 12:18:55 - Google?s book scanning and copyright laws
- As you may know, Google is making an effort to scan every book in the world. The goal is to create a giant online database of every book that can be searched. One small problem is the fact that Google is violating copyright laws.
Google argues its book database doesn't violate copyright laws. The company suggests it only shows short passages and accompanies ...
- 2007-03-26 12:18:55 - Getting your finances ready for a ssd case
- Financial security is what everybody wants in life; that and emotional and spiritual security. However, without the sense of being financially secure for the years to come, this has disastrous effects on a person's general well being.
Now American working class citizens have come to believe that the Social Security is an institution to protect them when the need finally arises. What...
- 2007-03-26 12:18:55 - Facts about facta, or what does facta mean to you and your company
- Ever heard of FACTA? Most of us would say ?No?. Have you heard that you can get a free credit report? To that we would say, ?Yes?. So you have heard of FACTA. But how does that affect me?
FACTA stands for Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act. The law went into effect Jan. 1, 2005. FACTA is the law which allows all Americans access to their credit report once per year. So what do...
- 2007-03-26 12:18:55 - Electronic frontier foundation and stanford law clinic sue electronic voting company
- Student Publishers and ISP Aim to Stop Diebold's Abusive Copyright Claims
Electronic Frontier Foundation Media Release
San Francisco - A nonprofit Internet Service Provider (ISP) and two Swarthmore College students are seeking a court order on Election Day tomorrow to stop electronic voting machine manufacturer Diebold Systems, Inc., from issuing specious legal threats. The Electroni...
- 2007-03-26 12:18:55 - Don't always believe what they tell you at the social security office
- I have a dear friend who used to work for the Department of Social Services - I used to work there too, once upon a time as a medicaid caseworker, afdc caseworker, and food stamp caseworker. Well, she just filed for title II benefits today. For those who aren't aware, title II benefits are benefits for the disabled (leave it to the federal government to make even nomenclature a fuzzy proposition)....
- 2007-03-26 12:18:55 - Doctors can help you in your ssi case
- A good measure of competence and reputation is needed upon anything which concerns legality and authenticity of records. In case you are a claimant for a Social Security Disability or SSI benefits, your claim will be evaluated using your medical records. Thus, having a competent and respected doctor is most advisable in order to provide the necessary authenticity and substance to your claim!...
- 2007-03-26 12:18:55 - Disability adjudication sessions
- SSA hearings are fairly informal events. Usually, such hearings are conducted at OHA offices (not a courtroom) where the only people present include the Judge (an ALJ, or administrative law judge), the claimant, the claimant's representative---if they have chosen to retain one---and medical experts chosen by the Judge.
AlJ hearings, as they are commonly known, usually last no more t...
- 2007-03-26 12:18:55 - Commercial or informational? - your choice
- An issue has been brewing almost since the inception of Google AdWords, regarding who "owns" what rights to which words. Trademark holders and business owners alike have been calling "foul" when a competitor uses their name, product name, or trademarked slogan in order to cause their advertisements to appear either in the Google search results (by use of meta tags or otherwise using the keywords i...