Showing page 1 of 1 - There are 5 Diving articles
- 2007-03-29 18:04:26 - Learn skydiving: skydiving equipment parts
- All the parachute rigs that are used today by skydiving enthusiasts have six important parts.
The main canopy is just the parachute itself.
The drogue chute is a small parachute that is used by skydivers to open the main parachute. Skydivers have to throw out the drogue and when it catches the wind it will pull out the bridle, a piece of nylon webbing, then the bridle...
- 2007-03-29 18:04:26 - How to choose a skydiving training method
- After you calculate all your time and cash available for skydiving, you will be able to choose between three first jump skydiving methods. Static line, tandem and AFF (Accelerated Free Fall).
These methods are pretty different because if a method will give you some experience as a introduction to skydiving the other one it's made to quick jump your path to a very experienced skydive...
- 2007-03-29 18:04:26 - First flight
- I, along with some others in my family, received radio control airplanes for Christmas. I have long been interested in airplanes and flying. I took ground school while attending college, but did not have the time or the money to complete my flight training. I still intend to complete flight school sometime, however, whenever it is possible for me to do so. I also went skydiving once, just to try i...
- 2007-03-29 18:04:26 - Do you know the history of trampolines as exercise equipment ?
- The manufactured trampoline, as we know it today, was
created by two men, George Nissen and Larry Griswold.
Around 1935, Griswold, then the assistant gymnastics coach
at the University of Iowa, and Nissen, a tumbler on the University of Iowa gymnastics team, "made regular jaunts to Bloomington, Illinois where numerous circus people had their winter homes.
- 2007-03-29 18:04:26 - 4 great skydiving tips for you
- Hold on for your life! There's no thrill greater than jumping from an aircraft with a parachute attached to your back and free falling at unbelievable speeds to the on-coming ground below. When the chute opens, your world transforms from extreme to divine as you float through the silent sky. Discover the best way to get started and prepare yourself for a true extreme sport that sends you hurtling ...