Showing page 10 of 11 - There are 320 Sports articles
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - How to choose your road bike
- How to choose your road bike? Well the first question is how much do you want to spend and how much cycling will you do? The answer to the first question is a difficult one, many people when they are younger they want to ride there bike all day and what to be the next winner of the Tour de France, but they can not afford to spend much on there bike. If they get fit and win some races and get in a ...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - How to buy world series tickets
- How to Buy World Series Tickets
Have you ever known someone who wanted so desperately to go to the Major League Baseball World Series that they were like a rabid dog? Well, I have.and it is not a pretty sight. I have been married for a few years to ?Brian?. Brian is an avid sports fan. Ladies.you know the type I am referring to.the type that can quote obscure sports statisti...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - How to buy sec championship tickets
- Let me start this article with a sincere ?Thank You? to all of those who read my last article on ?How to Buy World Series Tickets?. I was contacted by numerous individuals who asked about getting tickets to all kinds of sporting events. (Who knew when I started my search for World Series tickets for my husband that I would be nicknamed the ?ticket lady?.) I have not had time to research getting ti...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Horse racing 101- what you absolutely need to know
- Horse racing is perhaps one of the oldest sports in America. The charisma and aura of the game is such that it refreshes and revitalizes your spirits. If taken in the right sense i.e. not as a gamble with your limited money, horse racing is one of the best and conspicuous sports to play.
Before taking on to this game, one needs to have a very lucid idea of the entire chemistry of th...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Home field advantage in the mlb (part 3)
- By Proloy Bhattacharyya
September 12, 2005
In one of our earlier articles, we demonstrated how the home field advantage was stronger in the first game of a series and qualified that by explaining how the opposing team has to travel to a visitor's stadium and may struggle in the first game.
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Home field advantage in the mlb (part 2): tale of two halves
- By Proloy Bhattacharyya
September 10, 2005
Home teams perform completely differently during the first half of the baseball season and the last half. I analyze baseball games differently based on which half of the season it is and I will demonstrate one such disparity.
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Home field advantage in the mlb (part 1)
- By Proloy Bhattacharyya
September 10, 2005
Of all the major sports, baseball is known for not having a great home field advantage. During the regular season, astute bettors will prey upon bookies by betting on teams that are in situations where the home field advantage is extreme.
Home teams win on average 53.6...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Home field advantage in the mlb: interleague games (part 4)
- By Proloy Bhattacharyya
September 12, 2005
Our analysis has consistently shown us that home teams perform better against non-divisional rivals but we have always lumped Interleague teams into this category. There is reason to believe that Interleague home teams have a larger advantage.
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Hobby psychology
- Happiness is the culmination of small amounts of success. You will inevitably not be successful at everything you try to do. Also, if you measure your success by extreme standards, such as accomplishing some great and important task then you will likely often be too hard on yourself and feel like a failure, despite all of your other small successes. It is better to focus on the small successes and...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Gymnasts and gymnastics coaching resources
- There is always more to learn about a sport as complicated as gymnastics. Most coaches learn something everyday from the athletes they teach, if they are open to such things. Good gymnasts try to learn as much as they can about the sport. This article is to reveal some sources for gymnastics information that we have found useful.
Those Who Do, Don't Write (except for us)
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Great skydiving tips for beginners
- Anyone that wants to skydive for the first time trying to became an experienced skydiver have to first understand the basic rules and all the risks that exist in skydiving. Doing it, the level of risks in this sport will be greatly reduced.
Like all extreme sports, this one has an age restriction too, set at 18 years. Not even a parent can't sign documents in order for a minor to ju...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Great baseball quotes
- Great Baseball Quotes
I love what prominent baseball people have to say about the great ballplayers. They seem to eloquently capture what we are thinking.
"It was his solemn duty to catch a ball that wasn't in the stands." - Monte Irvin (Newark Eagles OF, May 6, 1981), on Willie Mays
"Maybe they should see if his body is corked." - Howard 'Hojo' Johnson...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Golf stretching secrets to improve performance
- The trend in larger and therefore heavier club heads in recent years has made golf stretching secrets even more important to acquire.
To make matters worse for golfers not interested in embracing golf stretching secrets, golf is a game unlike other sports where continuous playing improves fitness and endurance. This is because the golf swing lasts only a second.
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Golf nutrition is not an oxymoron.listen up
- Golf nutrition is still a relatively new concept. However, everybody knows that leading athletes in the NBA and NFL quite often have special diets and specific nutrition programs to help them perform at their peak.
The reasons who golf nutrition is still in it's' infancy in the golf game is easy to see. To start with nutrition in sports goes hand in hand with the training and physic...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Golf equipment isn't working
- Golf equipment doesn't work? Did that catch your attention? I hope so. Now keep reading.
Just the other day I was watching the Golf Channel and they were talking yet again about the latest and greatest drives and irons. This golf equipment (new technology) that has gotten totally out of hand, is making these companies a ton of money.
Because they p...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Golf and fishing what have they in common
- Golf and fishing could not be more different but they both have something in common and that being is, how they give enjoyment and pleasure to all who participate in the sport. For most people they are hobbies and for others it is how they make their living. You can earn big money as a professional golfer. May I suggest if you do not play golf and think the sport is not for you then think again? T...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Gold panning for fun & profit
- How Much Gold Can I Expect To Find?
The definitive answer is -- it depends. There are many variables. The amount of gold recovered varies tremendously. You may find a few small nuggets every few pans, while your friend 10 feet away will find nothing but gold dust.
The most difficult lesson to learn is where gold hides. The path of water, amount of gold moving, types o...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Go karts - becoming a racing enthusiast
Free to Reprint
Digital Reprint Rights:
- You have permission to reprint this article in your website as
long as the author's resource box remains intact, with the
active links included.
- You do not have permission to reprint this article in any way
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Gift ideas for canoeing enthusiasts
- Finding good Christmas gifts ideas is easy if you think about a person's hobbies. If you are buying for person who enjoys canoeing, here are a few ideas for canoeing gifts.
Canoeing is a sport that appears to require relatively small amounts of equipment. In truth, it is much more than a paddle and a canoe, which provides you with a lot of potential gif...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Get a hobby
- According to Dictionary.com, a hobby is ?an activity or interest pursued outside one's regular occupation and engaged in primarily for pleasure? (Dictionary.com). Merriam-Webster defines a hobby as ?a pursuit outside one's regular occupation engaged in especially for relaxation? (Merriam Webster Dictionary). A hobby is relaxation and pleasure, OUTSIDE of one's occupation. Many people today, go to ...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Functional exercise for golf warrants the quickest results
- Functional exercise for golf can mean different things to different golfers. But the key is to take a look at the golf swing mechanics and devise golf exercises, drills, and golf programs to strengthen weak or limited phases of the swing.
Not every golfer has the same deficiency and treating golfers this way is like ?one-stop? shopping. This will result in failure. No improvement fo...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Favorite hobbies - yard games
- Yard games are a popular and simple hobby. Once you have a yard game, you can play it all you want for free, anywhere, anytime. You can go to the park with friends to play or just play in your backyard. There is no limit to a yard game hobby. Most yard games are simple and you can play them with your family, even children or with your friends. They can be a fun activity for everyone.
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Exercise and kids: the difference between training children and adults!
- The greatest mistake a person can make when exercising with children is to treat them like little adults. Children are growing and developing rapidly. This means that certain physiological issues must be considered when they are exercising.
Bone Injuries That Affect Growth
When most parents think of children and weight training
their first concern is the possibility of...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Espn the cheap magazine, literally
- Back in the day ESPN was merely space fodder for people with cable subscriptions; back when only the "real" sports fan (me) could sit in front of the tube and bear with the constant rambling of numbers and statistics. Oh it was great. Back before they offered a cheap magazine subscription that was nothing more then an extension to their online subscription service they offered through their websit...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Don't let high ticket prices keep you from seeing the "big" game
- Don't Let High Ticket Prices Keep You From Seeing The "Big" Games
By Jeff Howard
Have you ever dreamed about seeing a big sports event like the
Super Bowl, NCAA Final Four, or Daytona 500 in person? If so,
what kept you from realizing your dream?
Before you answer that one, let me demonstrate how the typical
fan tries to buy tickets. I'll u...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Do you want the top ten reasons to select directv? here they are!
- Unlike cable television, Directv can offer over 225 channels! With that amount of channels to choose from, you will not have to feel limited at all. There are so many choices that you can choose from. Whether it is romance, soap operas, college or professional sports, comedies, action or thrillers, Directv has it all! You will not be lacking when it comes to variety and different choices. If there...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Dirt bike racing
What's so good about dirt bike racing?
The adrenalin is flowing, heart beat racing and blood pumping; the dirt bike racing is about to begin. As far as adrenalin fuelled sports go, you don't get much more action packed than dirt bike racing. It's fast, and to coin a well-used phrase, it's furious. People from age 4 to age 64 love the thrill and regula...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Creative action ? seven tips to financial success
- My sister loves lists. She says they keep her on track and trigger her memory. So, she asked me to make a list detailing what it took for me to reach the level of success I have.
Actually what she really wanted is to learn what it takes to stay committed and focused on a goal. Her goals seemed to blur and then disappear after initially burning as bright as the sun on a summer's day....
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Creating a baseball fantasy league
- Baseball Fantasy Step #1 Calling all Teams
The first baseball fantasy step to creating a league is getting your teams together. This basically means you need to get 8-12 friends together to create teams. Remember, if you have less than 8 teams or more than 12 your season will not be as enjoyable. The suggested 8-12 baseball fantasy teams mean you will be able to have a competitive season....
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Collectiblesport.com offers a great selection of collectible sports memorabilia and gift ideas.
- COLLECTING anything, antique or modern, is limited by two factors: the money available and the space to be filled. Having determined these basic essentials, it is then a personal matter. The taste of the collector may lead to sports watches or cards, jerseys, or innumerable other things. The lucky acquisition of an admired piece may lead to a determination to get more of the same, or at least to f...