Showing page 9 of 11 - There are 320 Sports articles
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - The best golf vacation you will ever have
- "What If You Could... Have the perfect group golf vacation, save money and have a sensational time setting it up?? Instead of buying ?the package?, design your own optimum, personalized vacation.
Remember last year?
You waited all year to get together with your friends for your annual golf vacation. It was supposed to be perfect, but you bought ?the package? a...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - The basics of learning golf
- "The Basics Of Learning Golf"
- by Bud Bradley ==========================================================
Golf is one of Americas most popular sports. People of all
ages want to play golf. Without learning golf, one cannot
play golf properly. You need to learn the basics of the
game and then practice them to become proficient.
For learning ...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Sunglasses 101
- Sunglasses are not as simple as many people think. As such, it's important that you get ?briefed? before you buy.
The different parts to sunglasses will have a great impact on the look and feel of the pair. Different parts can also affect UV protection, glare resistance, and what sports the sunglasses would best be used for. With this in mind, it is important to consider each of the...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Sports massage - an introduction
- Sports Massage - An Introduction
Copyright 2005 Richard Lane
Many therapists offer Sports Massage on their ?Massage
Menu? yet few understand what Sports Massage is about.
When a client comes in requesting a Sports Massage, some
therapists merely react by going in deep. Sports Massage
is so much more.
Whilst Sports Massage does have s...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Softball: olympic sport no longer?
- Fast pitch is different from the looping, relaxed pitch often used in recreational softball leagues. Fast pitch players must hit a ball traveling at about 70mph. This is slower than baseball, but certainly much faster than the meandering slow pitch game. However, since the pitcher's mound and the home plate are much closer than in baseball, (40 feet versus 60 feet) the player must react to the pit...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Skydiving tutorial - how can we learn to skydive?
- The simplest thing we can do to start our skydiving experience is to start looking for Drop Zones to attend. If you find a good Drop Zone for you, you can view promotional materials, most cases skydiving videos, in order to make a clear idea of what is all about, you can also meet the staff over at the Drop Zone.
Good ways to find some good drop zones are to look in the Yellow Pages...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Skydiving training methods
- The Basics
First, you will need to find a skydiving school with a good reputation. This is a fairly easy thing to do. The internet, phone book, and local airports are full of them. Next, you will need to check your pocket book. Skydiving is one of the more expensive sports to learn. Then, you will need to decide how you want to learn. There are three methods of training: tandem, sta...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Sims snowboard 2006 models
- Now is the time to become acquainted with the new Sims snowboard 2006 models. This suggests that the 2005 snowboard models are out and the new Sims snowboard 2006 styles are in. Lots of riders have fun cruzing down the slopes, doing stunts, cool landings, or jibbing. If you want to do this to, how about checking out the new 06 Sims models.
Future Snowboarding Magazine tested three o...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Seattle supersonics full of energy
- By Julie Smith
On the NBA round, Seattle Supersonics won again last night on a basketball game played against Indiana Pacers. For the third time in a row, the Sonics have shown their fans they are full of energy and they are improving their scoring techniques.
As back up guard Ronald Murray said: ?We're just trying to bring whole lot energy, and keep the rhythm going ...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Scotland - the new white water rafting capital of europe
- Scotland has taken its place as the new Mecca for white water rafting and extreme sports enthusiasts. With over 120 activity centres around the country you can do it all here - from jumping off cliffs, sliding through canyons and rolling down hills in plastic balls, to more traditional activities such as white water rafting, quad biking and clay pigeon shooting.
The rugged landscape...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Save body sway for the dance floor, not your golf swing
- Body motion in the swing is necessary, but too much of a good thing can wreak all kinds of havoc with your golf swing.
I received a question over the weekend from a BioForce Golf subscriber about ?body motion? in the swing.
The question from our subscriber asked how not to fall into the trap of too much movement backwards during the golf swing.
What we ...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Satellite radio: xm radio or sirius?
- Satellite radio is the hottest trend in radio entertainment for your car, home, and office. The freedom from commercials and static is an exhilarating experience. No longer do you have listen to obnoxious jingles and hot air. No longer are you condemned to choose between dead air and Country & Western when traveling in rural areas.
Commercial-Free, Digital-Quality Sound
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Reatine: more than a sports nutrition supplement
Creatine: More than a sports nutrition supplement
Copyright 2005 Internet Publications
Although creatine offers an array of benefits, most people
think of it simply as a supplement that bodybuilders and
other athletes use to gain strength and muscle mass.
Nothing could be further from the tru...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Rc auto racing for nascar wannabes
- Always dream of owning one of those high end sports cars but never could afford it?
Never mind, there is always a way out.
Have you thought of owning your own radio control car which is a replica of your favourite car?
Here are some reasons why rc cars are so popular. The cost of owning a rc car is a fraction of the original thing. You have the ...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Racing atvs at any level
- Those of you who enjoy riding all terrain vehicles as a sport know the wide spread competition among ATV racers. Some ATVers race their quads recreationally amongst their friends and others are much more serious racers. The serious ATV riders compete in races around the United States, some even around the world. These racers are most likely amateur or professional grade, meaning ATV racing is thei...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Quality of life
- A new hobby can improve your quality of life. Think of it. A hobby is a recreational or leisure activity outside of you career or work place. It is something YOU are interested in, some YOU want to pursue. Would it not improve your quality of life to do the things that you enjoy? You should not be selfish in pursuing what you want, what you want can actually benefit others around you as well. You ...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Paintball is a bang-up sport for anyone
- Ron Fowler said it feels like being hit with a wet towel. Bryan Vasaris said it's like being snapped with a rubber band or stung by a bee. Being shot by a paintball gun doesn't sound very fun. So why is paintball one of the fastest growing sports in America, according to the National Sporting Goods Association? "It's a stress relief, because you can go out and shoot at people and not dangerously h...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Online shopping for bike accessories
- At one time you could only buy cycling equipment at your local cycle shop, if they had what you wanted or you had to hope they could order it and then you would have to wait for it to come and hope it was the right size, colour or price. Then cycling magazines started to have adverts for the bigger stores and you could post off a cheque and wait for your prized article to arrive. Now things could ...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Offensive decline of the 2005 mlb baseball season
- Offensive Decline of the 2005 MLB Baseball Season
By Proloy Bhattacharyya
September 9, 2005
As of today, total runs scored per game are down 0.52 runs a game. Most people attribute this considerable drop in offensive production to the new steroids policies. We are entering a new era where pitching dominates and this wi...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Oakland nj - a great town for kids
- Oakland NJ - A Great Town for Kids
My children, my wife and I have been fortunate to have lived in the town of Oakland NJ, for the past 18 years. The commitment to kids sports programs, especially girls softball, I think would be hard to surpass by any other town this size. ( 14,000 - 15,000).
I have seen many girls flourish in the Softball program, pl...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Morris suspension reduced to 14 games
- By Julie Smith
Kentucky University Randolph Morris' suspension was reduced to 14 games this Thursday after he tried to enter the NBA draft.
According to the NCAA some of the new information that helped to soften Morris' punishment was the fact that he clearly intended to retain his collegiate eligibility while he was declaring for the draft.
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Listen up: it's football season again!
- It's starting to get a bit chillier outside and the sun is setting earlier. This can only mean one thing. Football season is upon us again. As the New England Patriots embark on an historic attempt to win three consecutive Super Bowls, every other team in the league is gunning to take them down. The Philadelphia Eagles are hungry to the championship having been to four consecutive NFC championship...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Latest extreme sport, kitesurfing
- Looked at many extreme sports but just can't find the right thrills? It's time to take a look at the ocean, you might just find some inspiration.
The latest craze in extreme sports is kitesurfing, it only started out in 1990 but there are tens of thousands of enthusiasts around the world. You can go to any ocean side on a Sunday and you'll see that kitesurfing has a strong following...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Kayaking gifts for christmas
- Finding good Christmas gifts ideas is easy if you think about a persons hobbies. If you are buying for person who enjoys kayaking, here are a few ideas for kayaking gifts.
Kayaking is a sport that appears to require relatively small amounts of equipment. In truth, it is much more than a paddle and a kayak, which provides you with a lot of potential gift...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Is airsoft better than paintball?
- This question is bound to stir debate and controversy amongst the most ardent of airsoft or paintball fans.
Both airsoft and paintball are both hobbies based on replica firearms and wargames. Is this unhealthy? That depends moreso on the person themselves rather than the hobby. An interest in pursuing a hobby that involves weaponry only becomes unhealthy if taken to extremes - which...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Increase golf swing speed easily
- Golf swing speed is an elusive term for most amateur golfers. We've all heard of it and know it relates somehow to longer drives, but how can we increase golf swing speed quickly and effectively?
Do you think it's swing harder? Have you tried that approach? What happened? I can take a wild guess. The ball didn't go anywhere! You were so tense that your golf swing speed was actually ...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - Improve your golf swing by focusing on your finish position
- Watch the pros on Tour and notice how in-control they look at the finish position of the their golf swing. Why? Because they are!
They are in perfect balance. Even the pro who might look a little ?crooked? at the end of the swing has a balanced swing. Vijay, who is slightly bent to the side at the finish position of his driver, is still in perfect balance.
How often d...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - I must get the newspaper
- I Must Get The Newspaper
Every day when I wake up one of the first items that creeps into my head is getting the newspaper. I have got to get the paper. I have operated this way for over 40 years. The paper gets me in the know. More so than the internet I guess it might be because I can touch it or feel it.
I confess - I have to see the sports pages. It's out in the o...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - How to unleash your true golf potential
- By Craig LePage
Time and time again we see today's golfers out on the driving range trying to better their game. Whether it's working their short game or driving the long ball, hours upon hours are spent on trying to master proper technique in order to take strokes off their game. What most golfers are unaware of is that the proper technique they are striving for is often hampered b...
- 2007-04-06 22:12:00 - How to find the right paintball gun for you
- Sports and hobbies have a special place in our lives. They are not just responsible for our physical and psychological development but also act as our best pals especially in times of aloofness. Since Homo sapiens are different by birth, they have varying interests. Some individuals prefer chess and cricket while others spend their time playing baseball, rugby and football etc. People thence adopt...