Showing page 15 of 16 - There are 452 Holiday articles
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - How to save money with great gift ideas
- Want to save $1000 this year for very little effort? Gift giving is an area where impulse buying is a frequent occurrence. I was amazed to discover I was spending over $1500 or more per year for gifts. What have you spent for gifts in the last 12 months?
In my experience, gifts were last minute purchases for which money was no object. I now spend less than $500 per year for gifts. T...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - How to save money on your holiday gift shopping
With the rising costs of gasoline and heating oil, as well as rising interest rate charges, saving money is at the top of everyone's wish list this holiday season. Here are some tips on getting the most out of your gift shopping dollars this holiday season.
1. Set a budget. This seems like a simple step, but many people fail to do this before starting their holiday s...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - How to make sure holiday card writing is not a chore
- Copyright 2005 ? Patty Gale
Sending holiday cards does not have to be a tedious chore. I remember when I was little, my mom would tape all the pretty cards around a special doorframe in our house and I would love to see where they all came from. The pretty trees, stars, snowmen made it fun to see what the mail carrier would bring that day.
There is nothing more specia...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - How to be a good dog owner
- Be A Good Dog Owner
Before making the decision about buying a new dog, here are some points you should consider :-
1. Is someone at home for most of the day ?
A dog, especially a puppy, should not be left on its own for more than a few hours at a time. If you are out at work from 9-5 don't get a dog unless you can make satisfactory arrangements with a f...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - How to avoid christmas debt overload
- The Christmas season is truly the season of giving. There is no other time of the year when people's hearts are as open or their hands are as freely generous as they are during the Christmas holiday. I mean, even our favorite Christmas motto states, ?It is better to give than to receive.?
While giving does fill your heart with joy and help those who are less fortunate than us, many ...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Host and hostess gifts made easy
- (NC)?As the holidays draw near, many people will be receiving invitations from family, friends and neighbours to get together for some holiday cheer. Proper etiquette is to bring a little something for the host or hostess. The holiday gift team at Canadian Tire has a few suggestions on how to pick a special something for the gracious host.
? Often people bring a bottle of wine. Why ...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Home for the holidays
- ARA) - The holiday season is a time to step back from daily routines, reflect and spend time with loved ones. This year, take time to truly feel the holiday spirit by gathering family and friends together to decorate the home for holiday festivities.
Try these 10 special yet simple activities to be enjoyed with loved ones:
* Fill your home with the warm, beautiful lig...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Holiday tree trends: choose a new theme to decorate your tree
- Choose a new theme to decorate your tree (NC)?Trimming the tree is an activity that captures the holiday spirit and reflects personal style. The decorating team at Canadian Tire suggests these new ways to dress up your holiday tree. Pick an entirely new theme or incorporate fresh touches to complement an existing look.
Top tree decorating trends
When considering a the...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Holiday shopping with online auctions
- It's getting to be that time of year again when you start thinking about holiday presents for everyone. For me, last year was a first as I set out to save money in a rather unique way: buying most of my gifts on eBay. Online auctions have become part of our everyday lives and for alot of us, a great way to save money. As a guide in this effort, I've compiled a list of tips that I used last year du...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Holiday gifts that promise a pampering new year
- a pampering New Year (NC)?Looking for a snazzy stocking stuffer for your siblings, the perfect gift for a friend, or a stylish token of appreciation for the 'hostess with the most-ess'? The Body Shop has the holidays wrapped up with an extensive collection of inspirational gifts at a wide range of affordable prices.
"There are gifts that bring the indulgence of a relaxing spa treatm...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Holiday gift guide for people who enjoy ?must see tv?
- (ARA) ? Hard to believe this is going to be the last holiday season that Rachel, Ross, Chandler, Monica, Phoebe, and Joey gather around the Christmas tree and Hanukkah Menorah to share memories. NBC's Friends is coming to an end after a 10 year run on the network.
The show about love, life and lattes doesn't wrap up until after the all-important May television ratings book, but if y...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Holiday entertaining made easy
- (NC)?As the holiday season draws near, many Canadians will begin planning a festive get-together for family and friends. The team at Canadian Tire have put together entertaining ideas to add some flare to celebrations this year.
? The table will be the focal point. Choose a festive colour ? red or cranberry is the hot colour this year ? then coordinate d...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Holiday entertaining made easy
- (ARA) ? Every year around this time, the number-one complaint people make is that there isn't enough time to get everything done. You have to put up the lights, decorate your tree, shop for gifts, and send out cards. As if those tasks weren't stressful enough, a lot of people also decide to add holiday entertaining to the list.
There's no getting around the fact that putting on a ho...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Holiday decorating ideas and the environment
- Have you thought about how your holiday decorating affects the environment? What can you do about your holiday decorating to improve your happiness and at the same time be kind to the environment?
The good news, taking action to decorate your home and office for the holidays, while keeping respect for the environment, makes your workload easier.
Conquer holiday stress...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Holiday craftts - thanksgiving and christmas decoration ideas
- Thanksgiving is a wonderful holiday! What a spiritual renewal to take a day to reflect over the past year about just how good God has been to you and your family, to give you harvest and shelter, health and hope. To get the most out of this joyous occasion, make some holiday crafts with your children. These days, Thanksgiving often gets squeezed out by Hallowe'en's spooky decorations and the light...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Holiday baking tips: dessert won't be humble pie anymore
- Dessert won't be humble pie anymore (NC)?As the holiday season arrives, our menus are sure to include tasty treats and yummy desserts, including traditional and new, anything-but-humble pie flavours. Pies are a favourite way to end a meal and they've been part of our culture for a long time.
Did you know... the early Romans probably made the first pies, a humble pastry stuffed prima...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Hey parents, stop before you shop: heres how to avoid holiday teen gift faux pas
- (ARA) - As the holidays go by year after year, trendy gifts come and go. A few years ago we witnessed the truly engaging battery-operated, wall-mounted singing fish. Rewind to the decade prior and we find the puzzling Rubik's Cube, as well as a dozen theory books on how to solve it. But holiday seasons throughout time have shared one common truth. It's a constant struggle to find that perfect gift...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Have a christmas party-a planning guide
- This is a favorite time of the year for many people. Why not
take one night in December and set up a nice holiday
party. Plan a small get together with family and friends.
It is a great excuse to get together. Plan it early in
December so it doesn't conflict with all the Christmas Day
events. Before you get too deep in the planning see how many
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Gifts with a purpose
- (ARA) - Your holidays will sparkle even brighter when you give a gift that helps make children's wishes come true. This year, Things Remembered offers a collectible holiday ornament, musical snow globe and star keepsake box -- all benefiting the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Make-A-Wish gifts became a tradition at Things Remembered in 1998 when one critically ill child, Elysia, wished to ...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Gift ideas for families
- (ARA) - Video games, scooters, new gadgets and the hottest new toys -- the holiday shopping list can go on and on and cost quite a bit of money, and choosing gifts can be very stressful and time consuming. Why not simplify your shopping by selecting a single gift that the entire family can enjoy?
Buying one gift eliminates the anxiety of trying to find exactly the right toy or the c...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Gathering with extended family for the holidays doesn have to be painful
- (ARA) - Aunt Edna is upset because Cousin Billy is bringing his new girlfriend, and she doesn't think she should have to buy her a gift. Sue and Harry's family can only come on the Saturday before the holiday, and Aunt Judy insists that everything be home cooked. Considering the obstacles and opinions, why will Americans mob the airports and highways this holiday season, as they do every year, to ...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Flannel -- a tradition that never goes out of style
(ARA) - Gadgets are good, books can be beautiful, sweaters can be sensible, and sexy lingerie -- well it's seductive to say the least. But what would the majority of women (and their daughters) like wrapped up under the Christmas tree? You guessed it -- it's a fabulous flannel nightgown to replace the thread-bare, worn (and well-loved) one they're probably wearing Christmas morning.
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Entertaining tips:add a touch of italian to your dessert table
- Add a touch of Italian to your dessert table (NC)?If you are invited to an Italian home this Christmas chances are you will be served panettone. Or it could be the reverse. If someone of Italian decent is invited to your home this Christmas there is a very good chance they will bring a panettone. Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without the traditional fruit bread of the old country.
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Dress your gifts to impress
- (ARA) - Impress friends and family this holiday season by ditching the wrapping paper for a more personalized gift presentation. Creative packaging can heighten suspense and make gift exchanges more memorable and meaningful. The gifting experts at 1-800-FLOWERS.COM suggest the following wrapping ideas that are guaranteed to dazzle all those on your gift list!
Make reusable gift bags...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Do you know the origins of christmas traditions ?
- There are many traditions and symbols that we associate with Christmas including the Christmas tree, leaving cookies out for Santa Claus, and sending Christmas cards and Christmas presents. If you're like most, you observe all of the traditions which are sacred to your family without a thought about where they originated or why they became so popular in the first place.
While you do...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Comfort comes from unexpected places
By Patricia Twitchell
Autumn of '89 began like any other. Summer was quickly coming to a close as winter crept in. Like most years, the family was anxiously anticipating sharing the holidays together.
Although each year became a bit more difficult due to the miles that kept us physically apart, in our hearts we remained close. What I have always cherished most about t...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Christmas tree ornament tips
- When it comes to decorating, we are all perfectionists about our Christmas tree. After all, it happens only once a year and the decorations are a treasure to behold. The finishing touch, for any Christmas tree, is the ornaments. Perhaps you have memories of a personalized ornament given to you as a child or maybe it's the tradition of hanging them with your family - making sure that each is perfec...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Christmas traditions in germany
- Countries all across the world celebrate the winter solstice holiday season in their own unique ways. Some such as Christmas and Hanukah are religious celebrations, while others are non-religious celebrations of nature, people and the coming spring solstice. The reasoning behind the various holiday celebrations can sometimes differ greatly, but there are a surprising number of commonalities among ...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Christmas gift ideas: interior d?cor presents
- Choosing a gift for someone to display in their home can be frustrating. On the other hand, if you're shopping for a friend or family member, you can give a present that will be appreciated.
When to Not Give Home D?cor Presents
If you've never been to your friend's home, I would definitely not give a household item unless it's for a recent bride with a gift registry. ...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Americans are turning to traditional gifts for holiday season
- (ARA) - With daily lives run by cell phones, e-mails, and ?personal digital assistants,? it's no wonder Americans feel such a strong desire to reconnect with family, friends, and tradition during the holiday season. And what better way to reconnect than by giving traditional gifts with a handcrafted, personal touch?
Teddy bears have always been a welcomed site on Christmas morning, ...