Showing page 14 of 16 - There are 452 Holiday articles
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - 10 tips for more meaningful holidays
- No matter how many lists you make, cards you send, gifts you buy, or packages you wrap, there will be things you intended to do this holiday season that won't get done. If you do manage to get everything done, but you're too tired to enjoy the season, everyone suffers.Consider these tips to minimize your stress and maximize the meaning this holiday season:1. Tamper with tradition. Dr...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - Making time to write this holiday season
- As the countdown to Christmas day continues, most everyone is naturally all wrapped up in preparing for the big day (and the eve of the big day and the day after the big day?).Whether it's shopping, baking, or hosting holiday gatherings, you are probably engaged in time-consuming activities related to the season.Although your dedication to these tasks is completely reasonable and most l...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - The holiday shopping experience - rewarding or traumatic?
- Picture this scenario! It's December 24th, the day of Christmas Eve. On this day you should be relaxing, enjoying time with family and thinking of all the precious memories you have created throughout the year.No, wait! It's the last day of shopping before Christmas and you haven't even started to do your gift shopping.You get into your car and fight traffic all the way to the local ...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - Ten tips for a real holiday season
- Holidays and the start of a new year inevitably make us think about how we can improve ourselves, and have the life we want in the future. We make resolutions - I must lose weight, I will save more money - and then lose our way. That's because we aren't matching our resolutions with who we are inside. We're more likely to succeed if we work on discovering our inner, Real selves, appreciate who we ...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - Quick and easy holiday decorating
- You're tired. You've worked hard all week. Suddenly, the kids shout gleefully... "let's decorate!" ... in anticipation of the coming holiday. The "let's not" is miraculously not permitted to escape your lips. Instead you take a deep breath while you wonder about how this decorating could become an easier and more fun-filled activity. Well, it can be! - First, insist on family members...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - 50 ways to acknowledge your employees before and after labor day
- For most people, Labor Day symbolizes the end of summer, back to school, and another long weekend. Deep down however, when we stop for a moment and reflect as we often do on bank holidays, we all know that Labor Day is, in reality, meant to signify a time to recognize the achievement, struggle and determination of the working man and woman. Here are 50 ways to acknowledge your employees in...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - Have yourself a merry little christmas - how to tap in to the holiday publicity bonanza
- If your product or service can be given as a gift, a publicitywindfall awaits at the end of the year - but you need to startworking in June. Each December, media outlets cover the newest,the hottest and the most unusual Holiday gifts. The reportersassigned to develop these pieces typically depend on two sourcesof information: 1. Phone interviews with local store owners ...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Win a super shopping spree and never have to buy a gift again
- (ARA) - The holiday season ushers in a time of joy and a spirit of giving -- as well as frequent frustration at finding the perfect gifts for the special people in your life. But as the gifts add up, so do the bills. Wouldn't it be nice to do all your holiday shopping without having to worry about money? You now have a chance to make that dream a reality for all your gift needs.
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Tis the season for toys: americas pop culture looks toward japan
- (ARA) ? The hustle and bustle of the holiday season has officially arrived. As Jack Frost begins to nip at your nose, you may find yourself overwhelmed by the variety of toys available for your little ones. In perusing toy shelves during holiday shopping this season, you'll be sure to notice the popularity of Japanese influence in American kids' brands continues to dominate.
Go to t...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Tips on hosting a christmas tree trimming party
- Do you remember when the Christmas season was less of a hassle and more of a joyous time spent with family and friends? Back in the day, families just seemed to have enough time to sit back and enjoy the holiday season. Today, on the other hand, many people get harried, rushed and basically stressed out during the Christmas holiday. There just seems to be no time to enjoy any of life's simple plea...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Tips for christmas shopping for babies and infants
- A baby's first Christmas will always be treasured by his parents and when it comes to gift-giving this is a perfect time to start your own tradition, like buying a special holiday ornament representing the events of the year - either personally or something from world events or special celebrations, like the Olympics or a World Series or Super Bowl-themed ornament.
Here are some oth...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Tipping for the holidays: who to gift and how much?
- The holidays are the time of year to share your love and appreciation to the most important people in your life. For many, that includes those people who provide support and services throughout the year. From your favorite babysitter, housekeeper or the hair stylist who always gets your cut just the way you like it, a tip - enclosed in an envelope with a handwritten note - is sure to be appreciate...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Three steps to reduce holiday stress for your kitty
- You have permission to publish this article electronically or in print, free of charge, as long as the bylines are included. A courtesy copy of your publication would be
appreciated - send to email@example.com
The annual holidays can be a very stressful time for your cat. This is the time of the year when that strange tree goes up, bright trinkets are hung (but...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - The making of holiday events
- What's your vision of this holiday season? Creating a memorable holiday is like orchestrating a major production. There are people, props, and agendas involved.
Appoint yourself as the producer and bring together the pieces to transform your vision into a reality.
Start a list of what activities would give you the most pleasure, and then decide what the main event(s) ...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - The holidays are a time to honor seniors
- (ARA) ? Older adults are often the best storytellers in the family. Their memories, traditions and talents are just waiting to be shared. But as we approach the holiday season, many older citizens won't be near their families because they live far apart.
What better way to honor seniors in your family and community and pay tribute to their experiences than by undertaking a project t...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - The day x-mass went up for sale
- My mom used to say, "we remember a friend with a flower." In other words, it's the intention and not the size of the gift that counts. But in a materialistic-driven society, where everything has a price tag even friendships and holidays, that's considered "uncool" and politically incorrect.
Remember the famous line from the hit movie "Harry Potter" which best captures today's mental...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Teaching kids to understand the true meaning of the season: giving
- (ARA) - Teaching a child that the holidays aren't only about receiving is not always easy in our materialistic culture. Passing on values of giving back to make the world a better place can be a challenge, especially with the pressure of holiday expectations.
However, ?Kids get pleasure from seeing someone else happy,? says Charles A. Smith, Ph.D., a professor of child development a...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Staying organized this holiday season?
- The holiday season is upon us. You now have this huge taste of staying organized throughout it. You need to purchase gifts for a number of people. You'll need to take care of the spouse, the kids of course. You'll need to remember to take care of your parents, your sisters and brothers..your in laws of course. Then, there are your friends. Don't forget about the boss either.then there are the co w...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Shoppers beware - 'tis the season
- It's the number one complaint from consumers and it only takes a moment for you to become a victim. While you search for holiday bargains, identity thieves are searching for targets - unsuspecting consumers. Here are some tips to help you safeguard your identity and other valuables:
1) Protect your account numbers - Most stores only print the last four or five digits of the charge a...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Press releaselingerie fashion trends for fall 2004 ? lingerie retailer can keep designer lingerie in stock
Is Your Intimate Designer Lingerie Still In Style?
New York, NY August 4, 2004 -- With Fall/Winter just around the corner brings a flurry of activity and excitement for many retailers and malls.
Why is this time of year so important to the many retailers? We asked Michael Iwasaki of Angelbodywear Lingerie. ?The concept is pretty simple. This time of ye...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Planning creative holiday parties
- (ARA) - ?You're invited . . .? are always popular and welcome words around the holidays. If you're like me, you love to host a party. But if you're a hostess with the ?leastest? amount of time, a party is a lot of work. Entertaining requires considerable planning and preparation because there are so many things to do.
Think about the parties you've attended and what made them specia...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Pack n' ship tips for the holiday season
- (NC)?The fun and frenzy of holiday shopping doesn't end at the mall ? you still have to get the packages to friends, family and business associates in time for the holidays, and in one piece.
"Taking an extra moment to carefully package items correctly saves everyone money in the long run and lessens some of the holiday stress," says Barbara Foster, a packing trainer for Mail Boxes ...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Motorhome rental ? how and where to find the best prices
- If you have ever had the feeling of traveling wild and free across the country on wheels, then you must be considering renting a motorhome now.
A motorhome is basically a house mounted on a vehicle. It is a vehicle and a home fused into one. A motorhome features all the comforts and necessities of a home including furniture, sleeping rooms, porch and kitchen. The vehicle is designed...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Make the winter fashion trends work for you
- (ARA) - Now that the days are frosty, and the holidays are on the way, it's time to get your wardrobe in shape for the winter season. From coats to layering pieces to holiday party essentials, winter fashion offers so much to choose from.
Bright colors, classic outerwear and luxurious fabrics are just some of the trends this winter; but not every look is right for every person. With...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Make the most of renting a holiday/vacation villa in orlando florida usa
- Going to Florida can be, for most, a holiday of a lifetime quite literally as families choose "The right time to take the Kids" and will only ever go once.
Imagine if your holiday of a lifetime turned into a complete disaster just because you didn't do some simple planning that the 'Kids' could easily do for you?
You may choose to stay in a hotel for ease of planning ...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Make a list, check it twice -- and, don forget your pets
- (ARA) - Holidays are a special time for friends and family. Since pets are a part of the family too, make sure your holiday is pet friendly. Here are some helpful tips from Jill Richardson, D.V.M, one of the pet pros at Hartz, a leader in the pet products industry.
Avoid Holiday Hazards
As you get your house ready for the holidays, keep your pets in mind. There are so...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Last minute gifts to rescue your mind and wallet
- (ARA) - For most people, the holidays are a wonderful, exciting season devoted to friends, family and festivities. Whether you're celebrating Christmas, Hanukkah or Kwanzaa, exchanging gifts is an eagerly anticipated part of holiday celebrations. However, this same holiday tradition can also be completely nerve-racking, with crowded malls and the stress of finding the right gifts for the right peo...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Kids dish about the true meaning of christmas, moms roles in pulling the holidays together and hot gifts on their wish lists
- (ARA) - Decorating, cooking, cleaning and more. When it comes to preparing for a picture perfect holiday season, there is one holiday elf that's busy at work -- Mom. According to the KidzEyes Holiday Wish List and Habits survey, 64 percent of kids say that their moms bear the brunt of responsibility for making sure the Christmas season is bright versus a mere 1 percent who say dad does his fair sh...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - Keep seniors independent and involved -practical acts of kindness
- Sometimes elderly people can be fierce about maintaining their independence - some would say downright stubborn. But it is hard to give up taking care of oneself and give the reins over to someone else. It can diminish their spirits to depend on others to do tasks they used to do so easily.
How can you help without taking away their independence?
Following are five id...
- 2007-04-01 17:18:29 - It's not just about christmas trees and christmas gifts
- Let kids tell you what they think of Christmas and they will speak of images full of snow, caroling, putting up Christmas tree ornaments, Christmas gifts and the irresistible magic and wonderment. For everyone else, Christmas is a whole 30 days (even more for some) of headaches and stress.
This doesn't have to be so. Who says you can't enjoy the yuletide season like kids can? This a...