Heart disease articles
Showing page 16 of 16 - There are 475 Heart disease articles
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - Hoodia gordonii and a healthy diet
- What does have to do with one another you ask?
The fact is that your only true advantage in achieving a happier, ill-free, and definitely longer life is your knowledge and conviction in the payback of a healthy diet. Not only will eating healthier make you more active and stronger, it also strengthens you immune system and prevents the possibilities of the occurrence of life-threate...
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - High cholesterol
- is a very common diagnosis by doctors nowadays when dealing with patients. Cholesterol has been identified as to increase the risk of heart diseases. But what is Cholesterol at all?
Cholesterol is a substance produced by the human liver. The body produces Cholesterol to build up acids that help with the digestion of fat that we eat with our meals. Cholesterol is also supposed to bui...
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - High blood pressure!? what!?
- If you get scared every time you hear this expression ?high blood pressure? you are right. And for you, who say you don't care at all about that, you should consider revising your concepts.
High blood pressure is a silent disease that affects one in three adults only in United States and most of them don't even imagine they have high blood pressure. And this is where the danger of t...
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - Healthy eating with fruits and vegetables
- Dietary experts recommend that every person should eat at least five servings of fruits and vegetables every day. The importance of fruits and vegetables to a healthy diet has been known for quite some time, but studies have shown that very few people eat the amount of fruits and vegetables recommended for a healthy diet.
That's a shame, since eating a sufficient number of fruits an...
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - Gastric bypass surgery - is it right for you?
- When we hear all the success stories of the gastric bypass, it sounds so easy. One pricey operation and the pounds just fly off! Right? Not quite. Gastric bypass surgery is only advised to those who are morbidly obese ? this is someone with a body mass index greater then 40 and men and women between 80-100 pounds their ideal body weight.
The gastric bypass is also sometimes recommen...
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - Food that's good for a healthy heart
- Here's a conundrum: While experts agree that high cholesterol and blood pressure are crucial heart disease risk factors, many people who suffer chest pain or even heart attacks have levels that are perfectly normal. This puzzle has prompted researchers to scour the body for other cardiovascular villains. Several have emerged in recent years, but the one that stands out the most is inflammation....
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - Focus on fiber: how much is enough?
By Monique N. Gilbert, B.Sc.
Personal Health, Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach
Looking for an easy and natural way increase your vitality and improve your overall well-bei...
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - Fats and carbohydrates ? their place in your healthy diet
- Lately it would seem that fats and carbohydrates have both gotten a bad rap. First it was fat that was the culprit in all dietary ills, and low fat diets were all the rage. Then the two switched places, with carbohydrates being the bad guys and fat reigning supreme.
As with most extremes, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. There is no such thing as a bad food, only bad dietary ...
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - Fats, good bad
- Fats, The Good.The Bad and Omega 3.
This has become a hot topic lately. There is so much talk of fats, the healthy fats, the bad fats, the trans fats. I have done some research on fats, trying to keep it simple for us. Here is some important information I have come up with. Omega 3 has become a favorite topic of mine. It has such amazing health improvement qualities. Remember, this is for y...
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - Fast weight loss programs ? the importance of low body-fat levels!
- My name is Greg Ryan and I am a high profile fitness expert. In twenty years of being a personal trainer and health club consultant, I am frightened at how fast the health of Americans is deteriorating. You are being eaten alive from the inside out by diabetes, heart disease and obesity. And the scary thing is either you do not know it YET, or you are in denial of the problem.
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - Exercise & diabetes
The Added Benefit of Exercise in People with Diabetes
You are no doubt aware that exercise can help prevent the serious complications that often come with diabetes and heart disease. Research has repeatedly shown that regular physical activity helps reduce the likelihood of having a heart attack or a stroke, aids in weight loss, and improves mood.
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - Excessive fat kills.
- In this new century, news media are finally aware that America's major health problem is obesity. Excess weight not only contributes to almost every health risk, it can actually multiply the risk factors, including those from tobacco. It has already been reported that tobacco causes
more deaths than AIDS / HIV, maternal mortality, automobile accidents, homicide and suicide combined, yet obe...
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - Drug companies hijack clinton's heart news
- When Bill Clinton was scheduled for heart surgery, reporters spoke of how he had been a junk food addict, loving burgers, fries, and shakes, even eating a whole pie at one sitting.
After his quadruple bypass surgery, the major TV news shows talked about how Bill had stopped taking his statin drugs, and showed many of the pricey brands of pills.
Naughty, naughty, bad B...
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - Doctors make life saving discovery for patients with coronary artery diseasemajor study shows addition of widely used agent to treatment can prevent 50,000 heart attacks and deaths in canada
- Major study shows addition of widely used agent to treatment can prevent 50,000 heart attacks and deaths in Canada (NC)?Cardiovascular disease remains the leading killer in Canada. In fact, one in five of all deaths each year are from coronary artery disease, the most common manifestation of heart disease. Despite medical advances, far too many men and women continue to die prematurely from this d...
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - Do you need more oxygen?
- Copyright 2005 Judy Thompson
There is not as much oxygen in our environment today as there was hundreds of years ago. At one time the oxygen level was at 38%, now it is at 21%, and in some cities, even as low as 18%. Thus in our present environment, we have only about half the oxygen that our bodies were designed to run on in order to be in good health.
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - Do you know these tricks to avoiding fat for healthier eating?
- While some fat in the diet is necessary, and it would be a mistake to try to eliminate all fat from the diet, most people simply eat too much fat. Cutting back on fat is an important part of creating a healthier diet and lifestyle.
There are a number of good reasons for cutting back on levels of dietary fat. Those reasons include:
- Lowering levels of dietary fat help...
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - Deadly heart disease strikes more women than men
- (NC)?Although heart disease is the number one killer of women in Canada, very few women actually consider the disease a major health concern. In fact, women and their doctors often miss the symptoms of heart disease, passing them off as the normal aches and pains of aging or indigestion or stress.
The traditional belief that heart disease predominantly affects men is false. In 2000,...
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - Combat high blood pressure and cholesterol with soybeans
- You may have heard of the ?Portfolio Diet? wherein it has been clinically accepted that increasing the intake of soy based foods can reduce levels of LDL cholesterol as much as some statin drugs.
Well, now it seems that soybeans have another health-giving quality: they also reduce blood pressure.
This latest finding is making quite a bit of noise in medical circles an...
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - All you wanted to know about menopause and its prevention
- Menopause occurs when a women stops ovulating and her periods ceases. Most women reach menopause between 45 and 55 years, with an average age around 50. But about 1% reaches it before 40, which is known as premature menopause or premature ovarian failure.
For women in their teens and 20's the loss of their fertility is devastating. They will also experience a long period of postmeno...
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - Add years to your life and save your heart for free
- If you were told that you can add years to your life, get your cholesterol levels back to normal and protect yourself from heart disease and atherosclerosis, all for free would you believe it?
No need for the latest ?fashionable? supplement or designer drug. No need to worry about unwanted drug side-effects and expense. You don't even have to be too concerned about your ?bad? LDL ch...
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - Active sex - a key to good health
Make sex the vital root of health and happiness in your daily life. It gives you pleasure. It satisfies you. Above all, it keeps you healthy. You can burn up to 200 calories if you engage in energetic sexual activities. This is just the beginning for when we go into details you will know why your sex life is a very important part of you.
Sex reduces heart disease ris...
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - 7 ways to cross diabetes awareness month off the calendar
- November is National Diabetes Awareness month. Diabetes is the seventh leading cause of death (fifth leading cause of death by disease) in America. According to the American Diabetes Association Diabetes affects over 20 million Americans, that's 7% of the population! Another 41 million Americans have pre-diabetes. That means out of every 5 people at least one of them has either diabetes or pre-dia...
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - 5 simple signs to tell if it is acid reflux or heart pain
- Chest pain can be a very scary, serious issue. If you are one of many Americans at risk for heart disease, it can be even more frightening. But sometimes chest pain isn't heart related, it is a digestive issue.
Heartburn, or it's more serious cousin acid reflux, affects millions of people everyday. The symptoms of both heart problems and acid reflux are very similar, but the treatment is ob...
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - 25 reasons why you should drink green tea now
- Green tea has increasingly become a very popular drink worldwide because of its immensely powerful health benefits. It is extraordinarily amazing what green tea can do for your health. And if you're not drinking 3 to 4 cups of green tea today, you're definitely NOT doing your health a big favor.
Here Are The 25 Reasons Why You Should Start Drinking Green Tea Right Now:
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - 10 tips on how to lower cholesterol
- Seriously high levels of 'bad' cholesterol (LDL) represent a menacing cause of heart disease. By lowering the LDL level in your blood, you will automatically lower the total level of the cholesterol in your body (the HDL also known as the 'good' cholesterol and the LDL ? the 'bad' cholesterol) and it will prevent the occurrence of heart disease. You can use a drug treatment to lower the cholestero...