Heart disease articles
Showing page 14 of 16 - There are 475 Heart disease articles
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - Considerations in distance education for the medical assistant instructor
- Medical Assistant distance education is emerging to meet the demands of a new generation of students in the twenty first century. St. Augustine Medical Assistant School distance education program for medical assistant presents a good model for this integration of technology with medical assistant education. Distance education, particularly in its most recent form, online education, is being integr...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - The check doctor credentials theory
- In 2003, there where more than 890 million doctor visits in the U.S. according to the (CDC) Center for Diseases Control and Prevention. "More now than ever consumers are not only researching their doctor, but are also demanding the highest quality of health care" says Hugo Gallegos, President of MDNationwide.org.Check Doctor CredentialsDoctor information (reports) such as c...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - Fda orders search engines to stop online pharmacies
- How Does Online Pharmacies Affect Pharmacy Leaders?With cheaper drugs made available online, big pharmacy companies are losing control of their monopolistic control over the pharmacy industry. They are not able to compete with these online pharmacies with their exorbitant drug prices. FDA moves in and tries to protect these companies from online pharmacies by trying to censor online informa...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - Polysomnography: one tool in helping in the diagnosis and treatment of fibromyalgia
- Stop! and imagine for one moment that your body is being savagely and brutally attacked by chronic pain. This pain is so intense that you become less active. As you become less active you start to develop muscles weakness. Just trying to do normal daily activities such as, working, housekeeping, cooking, playing with the kids, shopping, walking the dog and sleeping has become an extreme ordeal. Al...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - Understanding tumescent liposuction
- Tumescent liposuction is done using a local aesthetic. A large volume of saline solution containing the aesthetic and a drug called "Epinephrine" is injected directly into the areas where there are excessive fatty deposits. Epinephrine is important in the surgical process because it shrinks capillaries and minimizes blood loss. Minor sedation may be required for those who feel a little nervous abo...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - Fifteen ways to fight heel pain
- There are many different causes of heel pain, but the most common cause is plantar fasciitis (plan * tar fash* ee * I * tis). If you experience a sharp pain in your heel when you first step down in the morning, it is most likely due to plantar fasciitis. This problem is a result of excess stress through a long ligament type structure (the plantar fascia) in the bottom of the foot. The excess stres...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - Medication compliance kit ... a life saver
- Pill Proof LLC introduces the first, easy to use medication compliance kit for consumers and medical professionals. Owner, Jane Langdon, has a sister in law with Parkinson's Disease. While visiting her sister in law's doctor, he noted that the biggest problem with her progress was correctly taking her many medications. Jane asked if there was a system available to help her. The doctor replied,&quo...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - Amazing shoulder pain reversing secrets!
- Whether you're a weekend athlete, or a gardener that overdid it, or a person with arthritis, there's hope for you. According to Dr. Nathan Wei, Clinical Director of the Arthritis and Osteoporosis Center of Maryland, "Shoulder problems are one of the most common afflictions of modern times. Fortunately, there are many ways of helping people feel better."The shoulder is the large...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - Eliminate agonizing hand pain quickly and easily!
- According to Dr. Nathan Wei, "The hand and wrist are the mirrors of disease." While the cause of hand pain can be a localized problem, hand pain can also be the presenting sign for other diseases.The wrist and hand are capable of power and precision. As a result, pain and swelling are often accompanied by weakness of grip in hand disorders. A careful history and a complete phy...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - How you can erase low back pain using the latest medical techniques!
- "If you're one the nine out of ten adults in the United States who suffers from low back pain, I have good news for you!" states Dr. Nathan Wei, a board-certified rheumatologist and Clinical Director of the Arthritis and Osteoporosis Center of Maryland."Low back pain is the most expensive work-related injury as well as the third most common reason for a surgical procedure,&qu...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - A very medical miracle
- Madeline Mann once weighed less can a can of soda making her the tiniest surviving newborn known to medicine. Next week, she enters high school as something even more exrtaordinary- a honor student who likes to play violin and Rollerblade. "Her survival wasn't the miracle; her development was." says Dr. Jonathan Muraskas of Loyola University Hospital in Maywood, Ill. She was Born 27 weeks i...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - Joint pain relief
- If you joints are constantly killing you, here are three suggestions:1. Traumeel is a product that has been used for years in Germany to relieve pain. I have not been overly impressed with the ointment; however, my colleagues claim that injecting it is the way to go. Dave Tate at Elite Fitness sells both forms. Let me just add the mandatory precaution here: make sure to have a qualified med...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - How distressing is social phobia?
- I remember a friend in college who would blush, sweat, and tremble when required by a teacher to speak in class. A few weeks before the presentation, he'd be anxious, agitated, and couldn't sleep. Because I was still a student then, I didn't have any clue what he was going through. But I knew that something was terribly wrong. A few years ago while in the airport, I noticed a man who'd wait...
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - Your guide to clear heart arteries
- Are you trying to achieve clear heart arteries and blood vessels? There are many supplements out on the market available to help you live a more heart-healthy life. In the fast paced world of today it can be hard to maintain a strict heart smart diet, so here are some supplements that can keep your heart healthy and strong.
COQ10, an abbreviation for coenzyme Q10, is a compound that...
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - Why you should burn body fat.
- Are you overweight? Then you probably want to lose some weight. It is obvious that youll burn body fat by increasing your metabolism. But be sure that what you burn is fat, not muscles.
After age 25, the average person in America gains one pound or more a year, which means at the age of 50 an average person is 25 pounds or more heavier than he or she w...
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - What you need to know about heart diseases
- Heart is the most significant organ of the body. It controls and regulates the entire body. An individual can survive the loss of other organs of body but not of a heart. The moment heart ceases pumping blood to the body, it results in a heart stroke and there are chances that the person may die.
But people are often negligent in taking care of this undeniably crucial organ of their...
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - Weight loss surgery ? the benefits and financial cost
- Generally, weight loss surgery such as the gastric bypass will cost between $20,000 to $30,000 ? the clinics do make substantial profits, which is why some you see advertised offer free chauffeurs and even airplane flights to the city and clinic. As in all lines of 'business', some surgeries will do all it takes to coax you there, within the law of course.
If you've opted for weight...
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - Weight loss ? the importance of low body fat
- When you hear a doctor or a personal trainer say, ?Your body fat is too high, or you are borderline obese, what do you think? Does it matter to you? Does it motivate you to lose weight? Or are the numbers on the scale more important to you?
Most people will always have a love ? hate relationship with the scale in their bathroom. However, with the dramatic increase in diabetes and ob...
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - Vitamin supplements ? are they beneficial or just hype?
- Vitamin supplements have been increasing in popularity and availability over the past 30 years. In North America it has become a multi ? billion dollar industry. Vitamin supplements have been hailed as powerful antioxidants that fight against a wide variety of health conditions such as cancer and heart disease. They are also credited with causing reverse affects in the aging process, and enhancing...
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - Understanding cholesterol levels and decrease the risk of heart attacks and stokes
* heart disease claims about ? million lives in America per year
* high cholesterol levels play a ignificant role in heart disease
* studies show if you lower cholesterol levels, the risk of heart disease is reduced by up-to 40%
What is Cholesterol?
Before we go into how to reduce your cholesterol, let's take a look at what exactly c...
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - Ultimate weight loss motivation - living longer
- It's true, when most of us think of the need to lose weight,
we think in terms of aesthetics, or how we look?
Our weight loss motivation is to imagine what we would look
like if we could just lose 20lbs.
Unless we are stricken by illness, or told by our doctor to
lose weight now, our weight loss goals tend to be to look better,
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - Two substances that may reduce the risk of cancer
- Food helps us by supplying many vital micronutrients such as vitamins and minerals. Your genetic composition can make you susceptible to some types of cancer. Your way of eating plays a major role in increasing or reducing the risk of cancer.
Phytochemicals are non-nutritive substances found in plants. They protect us against diseases when they are in our body. Isoflavones and Lycop...
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - Two silver www health awards
- The website of the National Lipid Education Council? has garnered two silver awards from the 2004 Fall/Winter World Wide Web (WWW) Health Awards Program. The awards for lipidhealth.org were given in the categories of Best Professional Website and Best Website for Patient Education Information.
Twice a year, a panel of international health information and internet experts judge entri...
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - Truths about diet, obesity, and $75 billion
- Sensible diet prevents obesity!
Healthy living prevents most diseases!
(Unfortunately, old age is not a disease.)
These truths should be self evident.
Yet recent shock headlines tell us that "medical problems caused by obesity are costing U.S. tax payers $75 billion
The human body is a biological machine. We all know that...
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - Treatment of heart disease with coenzyme q10
- Since its discovery in the late 1950's Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) has received much attention as a necessary compound for proper cellular function. It is the essential coenzyme necessary for the production of ATP (adenosine triphosphate) upon which all cellular functions depend. Without ATP our bodies cannot function properly. Without CoQ10, ATP cannot function. This connection has made CoQ10 a very imp...
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - Top 7 ways that exercise helps diabetics
- Exercise is an important tool in managing your diabetes in order to live a longer, healthier life.
1. Exercise increase insulin sensitivity and glucose metabolism. The key problem of Type 2 diabetics is insulin insensitivity, or insulin resistance. By exercising you can improve how well your insulin works; this helps you to control your blood glucose level.
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - Thirty minutes of exercise a day keeps the doctor away
- ?Exercise is good for you!? If you had a dollar for every time you heard this statement uttered, you'd be rich by now, right? Well, proponents of everyday physical activity aren't just blowing smoke when they repeat this mantra. Medical research has uncovered resounding evidence to back up this ?good for you? claim. In fact, the U.S. Surgeon General, the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) ...
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - Things you should know about vitamin ks unique power
- How well do you know about vitamin K? This vitamin is probably not as popular as other vitamins. But still you need this vitamin for your health. So, never underestimate vitamin K! Without vitamin K you will be in miserable. In fact, vitamin K is one of the most extraordinary anti-aging vitamins ever discovered. A research shows that vitamin K has unique powers, not only to help blood coagulate or...
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - There is something fishy about triglycerides.
- I get a kick out of those commercials which portray conversations at the kitchen table or in the locker room in ways that we don't normally see. Two women sipping coffee from pretty china cups might naturally start discussing headache medications or hygiene. Men might forgo the normal locker room banter for the much superior topics of foot care or that insurance that only a duck can seem to rememb...
- 2007-04-01 17:12:17 - The truth about c reactive protein and cholesterol lowering drugs
You might disagree with me, but hear me out on this...
The drug companies know what they want you to think. They want you to think that the only reliable predictor for heart disease is an elevated low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol level, and the best way to decrease your risk to take "statin" drugs such as Zocor and Lipitor. Cholesterol-reducing medications a...