Showing page 10 of 14 - There are 417 Acne articles
- 2007-03-24 19:01:14 - Your ultimate guide for acne home remedy
- Acne is a skin problem widely known and experienced by almost all of our people especially teenagers and young adults. When not given enough attention and care, acne can actually give you serious problems. Nowadays, doctors and advertisements offer us different products that might help solve our worries about acne. However, it is still better if you can actually cure it before seeing or consulting...
- 2007-03-24 19:01:14 - Your guide to acne skin care
- Contrary to popular belief, acne is not caused by dirty pores or eating chocolate. Acne is actually caused by overactive sebaceous glands. Hormones in you body cause acne to appear. Acne is extremely common in people ages 12-24, when our hormones are very active due to puberty, but many people continue to have acne outbreaks throughout their lives. Acne can show up on the face, neck, chest, back, ...
- 2007-03-24 19:01:14 - Why don't acne cures work?
- Quite a bit of money can be spent searching for acne cures that work. There are so many products available, that it is hard to know which one's to try. You try one product, only to be disappointed, and then spend a lot of money on another system that claims it will cure your acne, only to be disappointed again. It seems to be a never ending cycle of looking for a cure, thinking you've found an acn...
- 2007-03-24 19:01:14 - Which are the best acne treatments? it depends.
- I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it's not as simple as just listing the best acne treatments. That's not because there's no good acne treatments available, quite the opposite in fact, it's just that there's a few steps to take before deciding which are the best acne treatments for your acne.
Not everyone has the same acne problem and so the best acne cures for one person m...
- 2007-03-24 19:01:14 - What you should know about acne
- What You Should Know About Acne
There are many different types of acne and with that come many theories, myths, and treatments. The exact cause of acne remains a mystery. Why some pores are affected by acne and others aren't, is not known. Each case of acne is as complex as the individual battling it and a treatment that works on one person's acne may not work on yours.
- 2007-03-24 19:01:14 - What treatment is available for severe acne
Severe acne can be detrimental to the thin layers of skin
on your forehead and face. It can also cause extreme
irritation, resulting in open wounds, puss-filled pores,
and unsightly scarring.
This type of acne is quite different than mild or moderate
cases. Severe acne needs the immediate attention of a
qualified dermatologist and y...
- 2007-03-24 19:01:14 - What is the most popular acne treatment system out on the ma
- The best way I can answer this question is by giving my own first hand account. Like many teenagers I developed acne during puberty. Between the ages of 16 and 17 it was at its all time worst. I had blemishes on my face, chest, shoulders, and lower back. During my early twenties the acne on my face subsided, but I was still very embarrassed to take my shirt off.
The first acne treat...
- 2007-03-24 19:01:14 - What is my acne really trying to tell me?
- Most acne products do nothing more than waste money.
Imagine spending hundreds of dollars on creams and
lotions only to find out they didn't really work or
only gave you temporary relief.
Acne remains a serious problem for a lot of teenagers
and even for some adults. Acne destroys confidence,
leaving a person depressed and even suicidal. However,...
- 2007-03-24 19:01:14 - What is acne - and how to prevent it
Have you ever had acne? Chances are that you have had or are still having acne. Teens are primarily the ones cursed with at least with a mild form of acne. But what is acne? Acne, also known as acne vulgaris, occurs when oil and dead skin cells form a plug and clog your follicles or pores.
Eighty-five percent of teenagers have had at least a mild form of acne. During...
- 2007-03-24 19:01:14 - What is acne?
- What is acne? Acne is a term attributed to plugged pores, commonly known as blackheads and whiteheads, pimples, and even cysts or nodules, occur on the face, neck, chest, back, shoulders and upper arms. Follicles, often called pores, often get blocked with sebum (oil), which normally drains to the surface, and a bacteria propionibacterium acnes, begins to grow. Both whiteheads and blackheads start...
- 2007-03-24 19:01:14 - What exactly is acne?
- What causes acne?
Acne occurs when the hair follicle pores become blocked. The oil called sebum builds up inside the pore and becomes infected with bacteria. When the infection remains under the skin surface, it develops into a whitehead. When the infection partly reaches the surface and changes color, it develops into a blackhead.
Shouldn't I just try to eliminate sebum from...
- 2007-03-24 19:01:14 - What causes adult acne?
- For many people the question of ?what causes adult acne? has been a tireless quest in search of an answer to a problem that plagues many individuals worldwide. For instance 90 percent of all adolescents and almost 25 percent of all adults are acne sufferers. In terms of gender approximately 50% of all adult men and 50% of all adult women suffer or have suffered from some form of acne. One differen...
- 2007-03-24 19:01:14 - What are the best acne treatments?
- The most common home treatment for acne is twice daily application of a benzoyl peroxide solution such as Neutrogena On-The-Spot. This works by killing bacteria, drying up the oil, and causing your skin to peel. It is effective for minor acne (whiteheads, blackheads, and pimples).
Prescription or over-the-counter antibiotics like Stri-dex or Oxywork kill the bacteria which, with oil...
- 2007-03-24 19:01:14 - What's the real cause of acne?
- Most acne medications only mask the symptoms of acne and does nothing to stop the real cause of acne. This is why people buy acne products month after month (year after year). And every time they stop using the product acne would come back again and again.
What you need to do is find out what the real cause of acne is and stop it.
So what's the real cause of acne?...
- 2007-03-24 19:01:14 - Ways to avoid acne
- In many cases acne can be avoided. There are lots of ways to avoid acne. Ways to avoid acne include dietary changes, skin care and home treatments.
This article will have information that explores ways to avoid acne.
Ways to avoid acne #1: Use a cleansing diet to get rid of the impurities in your system.
Ways to avoid acne #2: Clean your skin everyday.
- 2007-03-24 19:01:14 - Water and sunlight helps to clear acne
Drink More Water
The skin stores around 12% water. It is important to maintain this amount with the correct amount of good fat to keep your skin from getting acne. You need to drink around 2 quarts of distilled water every day. If you are not drinking this amount, just start increasing the amount that you do drink.
Drinking water helps you get rid of t...
- 2007-03-24 19:01:14 - War of the p acnes
- While ?War of the Worlds? sets a new sales record for Paramount, this Hollywood blockbuster sends a healing message as old as time itself- bacteria are lifesavers.
Even though most microorganisms are invisible to the human eye, life, as we know it would be utterly impossible without ubiquitous bacteria. We can all enjoy the blessings of photosynthesis, digestion and the formation of...
- 2007-03-24 19:01:14 - Using pantothenic acid (vitamin b5) as an acne treatment
- How Pantothenic Acid Works
Many people have commented before that I recommend vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) a lot to acne sufferers. There happens to be a reason for that: It is what cleared my acne. Totally. 100% Eliminated. If you haven't tried it before, I strongly urge you to give it a go, it really is amazing stuff.
Pantothenic acid, also known as vitamin B5, is commonly...
- 2007-03-24 19:01:14 - Use essential fatty acid to help you eliminate your acne
- To eliminate or clear your face of acne it will require you take a variety of health steps. The use of essential fatty acids is but one step. I have identified 10 different steps but will only discuss one step in this article - using essential fatty acids.
Getting sufficient essential fatty acids is of prime importance in clearing acne. It's these fatty acids that help to control th...
- 2007-03-24 19:01:14 - Treatment tips for acne sufferers
- Get plenty of fresh air and sunshine. Not only will your skin
appreciate the vitamin D, your body and mind will enjoy the
oxygen and stress reducer of just being outside in the fresh
air.Remember to use sun protection or tanning lotion if you're
out for any period of time.
Even "good" stress can trigger internal chemical responses that
result in ac...
- 2007-03-24 19:01:14 - Treatment of facial acne
- If you suffer from shoulder and back acne, I have found a treatment that may help. Acuzine is a new non-prescription acne treatment.
Acne is caused from imbalances and impurities within the body, and that's why we treat the problem an internal cleansing treatment that goes right to the source and fights acne before it even begins. Acuzine provides antioxidents that can help eliminat...
- 2007-03-24 19:01:14 - Treatment for acne scars
- Acne can be very mild, resulting in a few lone blemishes, or it can be severe when it occurs on the face, neck, shoulders, chest, and back. Pustules and deeper cysts occur with very severe acne and scarring may result if the condition is not cared for properly. These scars may be visible for a lifetime. Here's what your can do to prevent these scars from forming, and treat them if they do develop....
- 2007-03-24 19:01:14 - Treatments for acne ? looking after more than your skin
- Acne is a pernicious condition that is as damaging to self-confidence as it is to the skin, but the wide variety of treatments for acne available today mean that nobody need soldier on without help. It can take what seems to the sufferer to be an agonizingly long time to find the treatments for acne that work best for each individual, but persistence pays off. Try all avenues, from topical solutio...
- 2007-03-24 19:01:14 - Treating and preventing acne
- Acne is a common skin condition that almost everyone
experiences at some point in their lives.
While it is most common in teens and young adults,
over 80% experience at least some mild form of acne.
Most people outgrow their acne by their 20's, however,
some people, especially women can experience outbreaks
in their 40's.
- 2007-03-24 19:01:14 - Treating adult acne with anti-aging moisturizers
Softening the skin and relieving wrinkles with anti-aging moisturizers is becoming a welcome and effective method of treating acne. To date there is a large and growing number of people, especially adult women, who have benefited from new techniques that not only reduce acne but also improve aging skin.
There is connection between anti-aging and acne. In the 1970's t...
- 2007-03-24 19:01:14 - Treating acne at home
- Home treatment for acne offers many treatment possibilities. If you decide that home treatment for acne is something you want to try you may need some information.
One home treatment for acne can involve changes in your diet. Many people find that home treatment for acne that includes dietary changes is very successful. When using this home treatment for acne you should eliminate su...
- 2007-03-24 19:01:14 - The truth about your acne problem!
- Like a good many people I have been the victim of acne vulgaris (what an appropriate name for such a vulgar disease) the medical term for pimples.
My acne problem has made me aggravated, made me cry, and made me angry. Thousands of people each year are afflicted by an acne problem, and their acne problem makes recluses out of way too many teenagers and even adults.
- 2007-03-24 19:01:14 - The truth about acne skin care
- Let's face it, you are engaged in an ongoing battle when you are afflicted with acne. While acne treatments for a mild case of acne are usually successful, moderate acne is a greater problem. Even dermatologists cannot cure a severe case of acne but can only provide an acne treatment regimen.
However, you can support your acne treatment efforts with proper acne skin care in order to...
- 2007-03-24 19:01:14 - The search for acne solutions
- Billions of dollars are spent worldwide each year in search of acne solutions. Both consumers and pharmaceutical companies alike are spending the money to find an acne solution that works. Unfortunately, for many, the search is never ending. In most cases of teenage acne, the person will outgrow the acne before they actually find a solution for curing it - but they will spend quite a bit of money ...
- 2007-03-24 19:01:14 - The sad tales of adult acne
- The tales of adult acne has ever been a silent one, only told as whispers and an unfortunate few suffered from it, some may even refuse to show themselves to the world. The manifestation of adult acne has been recognized during the Eighties, when the yuppie generation has standardized of what is to become the hip urban lifestyle free of adult acne and any other lesions.