Showing page 3 of 4 - There are 106 Voip articles
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - The dangers of peer-to-peer systems
- Peer-to-Peer (P2P) systems do not operate on secure lines, thus providing a conduit for hackers to enter a network or computer, access personal and confidential information, as well as deploy viruses or worms. Users of P2P systems are prime targets and/or launching points for malicious hacker attacks simply because it requires downloading and sharing electronic files or programs, not to mention us...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - Instant menaces or instant messengers?
- Many vendors offering Instant Messaging (IM) services have added new capabilities such as voice messaging and file sharing. Among others, AOL, Microsoft, and Yahoo offer these IM services.Clients of Instant Messaging services are also easy prey for the community of hackers. Using a simple monitoring program, the plain text from Instant Messaging can be easily captured and creates vulnerabil...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - Is voip good for the home?
- There is no doubt that you have heard about VoIP by now. It's made headlines and is plastered everywhere both in online and TV advertisements. Just in case you haven't caught on to the hype yet, VoIP is the abbreviated term for Voice over Internet Protocol. Voice over Internet Protocol is basically the ability to communicate on a phone over your Internet connection.With VoIP, the promise is...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - How voip will affect every household and business in the world
- Seattle venture capitalist, Greg Gottesman, calls it "?one of the most important changes in communications in the past 100 years."The Boeing Company announced plans to move its 150,000 employees to an internet-based phone system, and several Seattle area residents are using internet telephones to get cheap rates or, in some cases, free international phone calls.Using VoIP, homes and ...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - Needless high risk exposure for business using computer phones
- The Facts? Computer phones (VoIP) offer the most optimal means of communicating when considering quality and cost, and can save businesses up to 80% on their phone bills when calling from PC to PC, to landlines, or to mobile phones, regardless of company size.? Over 90% of all VoIP solutions providers operate on unsecure lines or platforms, whether free or charging for services....
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - What do you know about voip?
- What is VoIPVoIP is an acronym for voice over internet protocol, aka voice over ip phone. A VoIP, in essence, is a computer phone that allows you to make phone calls from your computer to anyone in the world, e.g., PC to PC, PC to phones ? landlines or cells.The voice signal converts to data packets and travels across the internet through a VoIP platform, and then converts back to vo...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - What is voip and how does it work
- IntroductionThe way we make phone calls is changing. In fact in many circumstances things have already changed. Take long distance calls for instance, many service providers are already using a technology called Voice Over IP or VOIP for short. If you have never heard of VOIP before, then the following article will change the way you think about how long distance phone calls are bein...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - Voip: a basic, basic intro
- What is it?Most people are familiar w/ NetMeeting and other software that let you talk to others over the internet. VOIP is similar. However, it also uses your phone - the interface we're all familiar with.Instead of connecting your phone to the wall, you connect it to a box either the VOIP company provides or you buy on your own. This is the modem. You need highspeed/broadband inter...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - The single most important thing to know about computer phones (voip)
- Over 90% of computer phones (VoIP) are not secure because they use a public known codex (publicly known encryption of sound packets) and a publicly known protocol to transport voice conversations. Therefore, users of these type of services are unknowingly exposing themselves to anyone who wants to listen in or access their confidential information. In addition, because of the public openness, the ...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - Broadband phone technology - top 5 reasons you should take notice
- For the uninitiated, the term broadband phone is loosely used to describe the technology currently available where one can make telephone calls from a telephone system that sends the voice signal over your internet connection. The call may terminate at a regular phone line or another broadband phone.Until recently, the technology was not being used widely because of its perceived limitation...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - How voip works -- busting out of long distance rates
- VoIP is the newest advancement in audio communications technology, and has a variety of different applications that make it useful. VoIP stands for Voice over Internet Protocol, and how VoIP works is actually quite revolutionary because it streamlines the process of sending analog audio signals by converting them to a much easier to send digital form for transmission. To understand how VoI...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - Things you should consider when selecting a voip provider
- The following are very important factors to consider when you are selecting a VoIP provider. Educate yourself and be informed before you choose.Monthly costs: A VoIP provider can save you up to 75% on your telephone/long distance expenses. There are many VoIP providers out there so it will benefit you from shopping around. Unlimited calling packages can range from $19.95/month to as high as...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - Finally voip worth a look!
- Everyone can Benefit from this Technology! Voip will be next communication tool in the world. Below are just a few of the most common uses of the ICON Communicator Business Applications Conferencing between two or hundreds of participants. Board meetings and Committee meetings (meet quorums more easily). Reduce travel and telephone budgets. Sales team encouragement and motiv...
- 2007-11-13 22:16:19 - Voip: finally worth a look
- Dear Internet Friends, Hundreds of thousands of consumers collectively save millions of dollars each month by replacing (or supplementing) their traditional telephone service with personal voice over IP (VoIP) telephony. Using IP to transmit voice is not new. Large corporations and long distance carriers have used IP to transmit voice on their private networks for years. Likewise, pr...
- 2007-04-06 22:40:45 - What's the difference between vbuzzer and instant messenger
- A new communication tool called vbuzzer is very hot recently. Most people already found it's a useful tool. But there are still a lot of people can not find the difference between vbuzzer and instant messenger after their first look of the software.
Basically, vbuzzer can call to PSTN but instant messenger can not.
This is a very important feature that vbuzzer has. If...
- 2007-04-06 22:40:45 - What is voip
- VoIP stands for; Voice Over Internet Protocol.
What VoIP does is it converts the voice signal from your telephone into a digital signal that travels over the Internet.
This means NO phone charges! And this is why VoIP is such a buzz word today.
VoIP presents businesses and consumers a like with an option to save on their phone bills.
- 2007-04-06 22:40:45 - Voip-voice over ip at home: is it right for you?
- VOIP AT HOME
What is VoIP?
Chances are you've heard of VoIP, or "voice over Internet." If not, you will soon, as major phone companies are now trying to get in on the action. Why? VoIP allows users to make phone calls using their high-speed Internet connection. This essentially translates into "free" long distance, or, depending on set-up, unlimited long distance for ...
- 2007-04-06 22:40:45 - Voip service: sign up and save
- If you want to save money on your telephone service using the internet, you will need to sign up with a VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) service provider. They will sell you the necessary equipment and assign you a number, which is used like a regular phone number.
VOIP providers are useful and very cheap. Most providers offer VOIP connections free of charge. They make their mone...
- 2007-04-06 22:40:45 - Voip phone - the pros and cons
- You've heard of the latest technological miracle and you're thinking of having a VoIP phone at your disposal. Great... but do you actually know what it is or are you just going with the flow? Either way, this article aims to help you with all the FAQs that are attached to the VoIP phone phenomenon. And without further ado...
1. What the heck is a VoIP phone?
Good question but...
- 2007-04-06 22:40:45 - Voip for your business
- Many businesses are considering VOIP for their telephone businees needs. Many don't know exactly when they should consider it an option for them. Many do not understand how it differs from regular telephone service and how the two differ.
Many companies are now beginning to look into alternatives to high priced telephone systems currently in use. They are realizing that there are hu...
- 2007-04-06 22:40:45 - Voip a global telecommunications revolution
- It's being advertised as the biggest thing to hit the telecommunications market since the invention of the cellular telephone, but what is VOIP, how does it work and is it really that revolutionary?
VOIP is an acronym for Voice Over Internet Protocol, and it works by using your broadband internet connection to route your call more efficiently and cost effectively than conventional c...
- 2007-04-06 22:40:45 - Voip - voice over ip and business: is it for you?
- VoIP allows users to make phone calls using their high-speed Internet connection. This
translates into free, or very low cost long-distance calling. Because VoIP uses the power of
the Internet, traditional phone companies are left completely out of the loop. Of course, now
that the idea of VoIP is catching on more and more, traditional phone companies are developing
- 2007-04-06 22:40:45 - Voice over internet protocol
- With VOIP technology, you can now place a phone call to someone on the other side of the world using your broadband internet connection rather than a telephone. VOIP technology, in essence, takes the analog signals from your voice and converts them into digital signals able to travel over the internet. Then, at the other end, VOIP converts the digital signal back to the spoken word. Types of VOIP ...
- 2007-04-06 22:40:45 - To voip or not to voip
- Unless you live under a rock somewhere in Antarctica, you already know VoIP is an abbreviation for voice over Internet protocol, also known as broadband telephone. That being said, should one use VoIP? How does it work? What are some benefits? Are there any problems with VoIP?
To answer this question we first need to know how broadband telephone works. First and foremost VoIP works ...
- 2007-04-06 22:40:45 - The voip telephone services revolution
- Ever since the birth of the internet, entrepreneurs with an eye to the future have predicted that voice communications -- telephone services -- would eventually be merged with internet services. With the widespread adoption of VoIP, that day has come, and it is causing a revolution in the telephone industry.
In simple terms, a VoIP service allows you to use your broadband (high-spee...
- 2007-04-06 22:40:45 - The internet phone revolution.
The world is on the brink of a phone revolution, with a growing number of people cutting their telecom bills by making free calls via the World Wide Web.
A recent sign of this is that EBay, the online auction website, is so sure the idea will catch on, that it has paid $4.1 billion for the Internet Phone firm Skype Technologies.
Shortly all the million...
- 2007-04-06 22:40:45 - Save a bundle when you self bundle
- Cable and telephone companies, both large and small have been offering discounted bundled services for years. Bundled local and long distance, or cable TV and Internet have saved consumers thousands on elective utilities.
With the outbreak of new broadband Internet technologies, emerges a new market for bundled services. You may have noticed your local cable company offering telepho...
- 2007-04-06 22:40:45 - Reverse engineering googles business strategies
- What's in a name? That's a good question. Some feel that the name that you are given at birth provides and accurate description of who you will turn out to be.
So I began to wonder, does a domain name say as much about a future site as your name says about you? I decided to take a look at some of the domain names registered by Google to see if I could get an idea of what the company...
- 2007-04-06 22:40:45 - Pros and cons of getting voip right now
- You have a telephone, right? You have a computer, right? You want to save money, right? BAM, you are a VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) candidate.
It is inevitable that VOIP will replace traditional telephone service at some point. The only question is when should you jump in?
VOIP is quickly becoming more reliable and receiving wider acceptance. In fact, phone com...
- 2007-04-06 22:40:45 - Microsoft dynamics gp offshore remote support ? overview
- As you probably heard, in September 2005 Microsoft strategically renamed its ERP applications: Microsoft Great Plains into Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Navision into Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Microsoft Axapta into Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft CRM into Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Microsoft Solomon into Microsoft Dynamics SL. As so-called Project Green is rolling out ? you should expect more logic...