Showing page 8 of 8 - There are 226 Cooking articles
- 2007-03-26 12:45:34 - Everything you want to know about the different salmon species
- King Salmon, Sockeye, Silver, Pink, Chum, and Atlantic
Descriptions of the Salmon Species
by Garry Gamber
Did you know that there are five species of Pacific salmon and one species of Atlantic salmon? Further, did you know that all 5 species of Pacific salmon run wild in Alaska?
We're proud of our wild salmon here in Alaska, and rightly s...
- 2007-03-26 12:45:34 - Do you know how many ways there are to eat a "cat head biscuit"?
- A time honored Southern tradition, the infamous "Cat Head" biscuit has become as much an icon of
southern cooking as fried chicken. Just say the words "Cat Head Biscuits" almost anywhere in the
South and you will instantly conjure up memories childhood and of mouthwateringly delicious meals.
Born of humble beginnings, the "Cat Head Biscuit" was never an...
- 2007-03-26 12:45:34 - Culinary traditions of south america: argentina
- Argentina is South America's second largest country, snugly situated between the Andes mountain range, the Pacific Ocean, and the South American countries of Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay, Brazil, and Chile. Being situated in such a manner, Argentina is exposed to many different cultural influences from all directions, including countries all the way across the Pacific. Spain took it upon themselves t...
- 2007-03-26 12:45:34 - Culinary traditions of cuba
- The East Caribbean island of Cuba has a rich cultural heritage from which has arisen culinary traditions that are as vibrant and varied as the variety of cultures that have contributed to the development of this distinct and delicious cuisine. In addition to the ancient influence of the native peoples of Cuba, the Spaniards brought their own culinary styles, tinged by those of the Moors who held h...
- 2007-03-26 12:45:34 - Cooking with a crock pot.
Crock pot cooking has a glorious past! In grandma's day the crock pot was called the slow cooker. She would load it up with roast beef and potatoes, or chicken and vegetables, and let it simmer all day long, filling the house with the delicious aroma. Crock pot cooking makes it easy to cook a meal to perfection. Tender morsels, rich sauces and broths, all combine in a meal that wou...
- 2007-03-26 12:45:34 - Cooking lesson: seasoning cast iron like the pros
- In the days before we had non-stick cookware, we had the next best thing - seasoned cast iron cookware. While non-stick cookware has certainly outdone cast iron cookware in the non-stick category, cast iron pots and pans are still favored by many chefs, including the professionals because of their durability and ability to retain flavor.
But, if you're not lucky enough to have a han...
- 2007-03-26 12:45:34 - Cooking aprons: an overview -
- We all take notice of the chefs in our favorite restaurant, at one point or another. We recognize them by their signature hats and chef aprons. Chefs have used cooking aprons for a countless number of years. Not only is it the attire-of-choice at many high-end restaurants, chef aprons are a functional accessory to their wardrobe.
Chefs wear cooking aprons for several reasons. One re...
- 2007-03-26 12:45:34 - Cake pans
Cake pans..the secret behind every successful cake. My husband tells me that if I am the most luscious cake of his life. Well, who am I to disagree with him as long as he is happy being my cake pan?
When we were shopping for our wedding decorations, wedding dresses and wedding cakes, we gave a decent thought to the wedding cake pans. I would suggest that whenever you...
- 2007-03-26 12:45:34 - British cuisine
- has always suffered from bad press. The simple homespun fare and plain preparation of most traditional British foods pales when compared to French haute cuisine, and it's not uncommon for food critics to sound almost apologetic when writing about traditional British dishes as if there were something shameful in enjoying a good, thick joint of beef with an accompaniment of Yorkshire pudding. If the...
- 2007-03-26 12:45:34 - Brinkman smoke n pit professional and grill king smoker reviewed
- Brinkman grills have always been popular among grillers during the summer. We are going to take a look at two smoker grills, which are popular not only in the summer, but you can smoke meats as well during the winter.
The Brinkman Smoke N Pit grill smoker can handle up to 25 pounds of food. This will allow you to barbecue plates full of steaks, burgers, chicken, and more. It is cmpa...
- 2007-03-26 12:45:34 - Brazilian cuisine
- It began as most 'ethnic food movements' do ? with small restaurants in the neighborhoods where immigrants settled, diners and lunchrooms and tea rooms opened by those who wanted to offer a taste of home to their fellow ?migr?s. Chinese, Italian, Middle Eastern, Thai ? from family run bistros, the cuisine spread as those outside the cultures of the 'neighborhood' learned of the good food and the w...
- 2007-03-26 12:45:34 - Become a chef of your favorite restaurant
- So you want to be a chef! The culinary arts are a great choice for a career. It helps if you have a previous interest in cooking.
Most people that decide that they would like to explore the great field of the culinary arts already seem to have the pre-disposition for it. Of course, that is not always the case.
Some chefs come into the profession later on in life. Of c...
- 2007-03-26 12:45:34 - Barbecue basics for all
- Since the Stone Age, man has been perfecting the art of cooking using a direct flame. If you were to ask someone about the history of barbecue, you would most likely get a response similar to the
statement above. However that would not be quite right as there is a fundamental difference between simply cooking with a flame and having a barbecue. If you don't add some sauce, to the direct fla...
- 2007-03-26 12:45:34 - A look at personalized aprons -
- When we look at the historical picture of aprons throughout time, we know that they originated from a functional need to keep clothing clean and to be able to carry utensils and kindling wood. Over time, however, aprons have evolved into somewhat of a fashion accessory with people enjoying personalized aprons.
Personalized aprons can come in many forms. Since these are customizable,...
- 2007-03-26 12:45:34 - A look at apron patterns -
- It is a refreshing and rewarding pastime for many people to sew their own aprons. Sewing your own aprons can give you the opportunity to add a creative and personalized flair to this accessory. Several sewing stores, both on and offline, now offer a huge variety of apron patterns to choose from. If you have a certain apron pattern in mind, you can search specifically for it; on the other hand, if ...
- 2007-03-26 12:45:34 - 3 methods for perfectly melted chocolate
- Melting chocolate for baking is an exacting task, if not done perfectly you can end up with a burned or grainy mess and ruin whatever you are baking. Below are 3 methods for melting chocolate, each can be successful in it's own way and you need only pick a method that works for you and get cooking!
In The Oven
Chocolate can be melted in the oven quite easily but you w...