Showing page 40 of 41 - There are 1210 Baby articles
- 2007-03-25 17:48:45 - Discover these healthy snacks for healthy living
- Snacking is one of those issues that can wreck the best laid plan for healthier eating. Everyone wants a snack now and then, but the key is to make those snacks healthy and nutritious as well as delicious.
There are many great snacks that can be enjoyed guilt free. For instance choosing snacks from whole grain products, fruits and vegetables, milk and dairy products, meat and nuts c...
- 2007-03-25 17:48:45 - Developing your baby's brain
Have you ever wondered why toys for babies tend to have so many bells, whistles
and lights? Or why they have so many different textures, and materials and colors?
It's almost as if we want to provide young babies with a whole world of stimulation and
we can't quite get it to them fast enough.
Play gyms or activity gyms as they are sometimes called tend t...
- 2007-03-25 17:48:45 - Dealing with a dog food allergy?
- Just as humans allergies can show up as a sneeze or rash, your dog's allergies can manifest as itchiness -- or even ear infections. In fact, if your dog's allergic to his food, it can cause him to scratch himself constantly, even with no obvious parasite problem.
Dog allergies rarely get solved with medicine, so the best we can do for our four-footed friends is focus on prevention. ...
- 2007-03-25 17:48:45 - Creative kid birthday cake ideas
- A Creative Dream Come True
A hush falls over the room as you bring out your child's birthday cake.
With its candles glowing, your cake masterpiece sits at its place of honor for all to admire as the room fills with the oohs and aahs of your envious party guests. Your creative birthday cake is wonderful and it fits your party theme perfectly.
- 2007-03-25 17:48:45 - Creating a safer home and community for your family
- (ARA) - One of the best parts of living in a community you love is knowing that it is a safe and healthy place for your family and neighbors. Having a safe neighborhood is important to all of us. But most communities are subject to some safety concerns, and even small hazards can become problems if they are not addressed.
The good news is there are many things you can do to make you...
- 2007-03-25 17:48:45 - Conversations with children imperative
- There is a vitally important conversation that probably has never occurred to you. One of the most startling facts I have learned during the past 12 years of speaking, traveling, and reading thousands of survivor letters is how many older siblings are sexually violating younger siblings.
Research tells us that one out of three to four girls and one out of six boys will be sexually v...
- 2007-03-25 17:48:45 - Common childcare myths
- (ARA) - Most new parents get a lot of advice from family and friends, before and after the baby is born. Although it is well-intended, in some cases, it may not be completely accurate.
There are a number of common misconceptions that are often passed along to new parents. Here are some of the more widespread childcare myths:
* Some people believe that taking too many ...
- 2007-03-25 17:48:45 - Choose the right puppy for your family
- Purchasing a puppy for your family is a very big decision. It should never be approached casually, or lightly. A new pet becomes part of your family. You should do everything you can to educate yourself about the breed of puppy you are considering and its personality. You should also explore how much grooming or maintenance each new addition to your family requires.
The worst thing ...
- 2007-03-25 17:48:45 - Chinese astrology - the year of the rooster
- There are twelve Chinese year signs in the Chinese Zodiac. Unlike in our western astrology, in Chinese astrology each sign lasts for a year. Legend has it that as Buddha was about to depart the earth he summoned all the animals to say goodbye. Only twelve turned up so, to show his appreciation of their loyalty, he vowed that from then on each year would bear the name of one of the animals.
- 2007-03-25 17:48:45 - Budgeting for baby
- If you are expecting an addition to your family, or just planning on having a baby in the future, you need to start thinking about how you are going to budget for your little one.
Many first-time parents are shocked when they realize how much having a baby can cost. And I am not just talking about the doctor bills. It's all the little things, such as diapers, clothes, formula, baby food, an...
- 2007-03-25 17:48:45 - Budget friendly halloween costumes
By Cheryl Johnson
...by observing you, children learn how to create and they learn craft. These powerful memories imprint a more important message. They come to understand the superiority of the creative tightwad method. - Amy Dacyczyn, a.k.a. The Frugal Zealot
Halloween costumes are so different today. Super heroes, wizards, and cartoon characters rule the tr...
- 2007-03-25 17:48:45 - Breastfeeding - handling criticism
- Feelings about how to parent seem to shift with every generation. A new way of parenting, sometimes called attachment parenting, has emerged and it challenges many of the rigid teachings of our mother's generation. Although breastfeeding is on the rise now, women are still dealing with the repercussions of previous generations. Not too long ago mainstream women did not breastfeed at all and the on...
- 2007-03-25 17:48:45 - Benefits of martial arts training for kids
- Admit it. When the going gets tough at home, we've all plopped the kids in front of the television and breathed a sigh of relief. Finally, we can get started on dinner, maybe check email or sort that massive pile of laundry.
But when your five-year old yells at you ?Mom, Kids Rule!? or your ten-year old horrifies you with language that would make a sailor blush, you realize there mu...
- 2007-03-25 17:48:45 - Being a mom - reflections on mother's day
- Being a Mom ? Reflections on Mother's Day
Since my daughter was born a little over 2 years ago, Mother's Day has been a very special day for me. After all, I had carried her for 9 months and spent countless sleepless nights taking care of her to earn the title ?Mother?.
But this year I really started thinking about my mom. This Mother's Day I feel a completely new lev...
- 2007-03-25 17:48:45 - Back to school 101
- (ARA) - It's time to dump your summer crush, get a new hairstyle, and start a new school year. It's also time to make your out-dated room into the pad where everyone wants to hang out. No need to spend all of your summer babysitting money to make it happen.
Here are a few tips from Daryle Gibbs, head of Product Development at Pier 1 Imports, on how to make your room a place where yo...
- 2007-03-25 17:48:45 - Baby strollers - consider your budget
- Since you got the news, you have begun gather the things your new bundle of joy will be needing. Decisions for your first baby may seem overwhelming at first. The type of stroller you will use for your baby is one of the biggest decisions you will need to make. When you are choosing from among the many different types of baby strollers, one of the first things to consider is your budget.
- 2007-03-25 17:48:45 - Baby shower planning and hosting
- Planning and organization are crucial to hosting a successful baby shower. Below are some important topics to consider when planning:
1) Who will host the shower?
The person that plans and hosts the shower can be anyone, but is usually someone who is close to the new or expecting mother. Normally, a close friend or family member will do all the preparations, but somet...
- 2007-03-25 17:48:45 - Baby shower hosting 101
- Are you ready to host the best baby shower ever but don't know where to start? Baby showers are fun, but planning one can be tedious. In this article we'll cover the basics to get you started.
So who should host the baby shower? Traditionally, only non-relatives are to host a baby shower -- co-workers, church groups, etc.; however, it has become more common and acceptable for mother...
- 2007-03-25 17:48:45 - Baby shower hostess gifts
- As many mothers know, a baby shower can take many hours of work to create the perfect party. So, how do you show your appreciation to the hostess? Why not give her a thank you gift? A baby shower hostess gift can make the hostess feel extra special. The hostess gifts do not have to be costly. It's the thought that counts. Show her your appreciation for the time and effort that she has put into the...
- 2007-03-25 17:48:45 - Baby shower gift ideas
- Selecting a present for a new mom or dad can be a challenging task. Baby showers are a great way to help support a new mother with her new baby. New mothers can sign up at a gift registry to avoid duplicate gifts and to indicate her gift preferences. Here are some good gift ideas for baby showers:
1) Diapers - Diapers are a popular gift for baby showers. Every new mother will need p...
- 2007-03-25 17:48:45 - Baby proof your home - frequently asked questions
- Keeping your baby safe at all times is one of your greatest concerns and responsibilities. There is so much to consider and it is very easy to overlook something that might be fairly obvious to some but escape others. Things like covering electrical outlets, putting up baby gates and turning pot handles to the rear of the stove are discussed in this article and is presented in a question and answe...
- 2007-03-25 17:48:45 - Baby nursery furniture a booming market!
- Baby nursery furniture and baby crib sets are a growing category, representing $1.1 billion at retail last year, and expected to grow to $1.4 billion by 2009. Today's baby furniture varies quite a bit in style, price and selection, and at over a billion dollars, there is room for a wide range of manufacturers in the nursery furniture field.
There are many top manufacturers in the nu...
- 2007-03-25 17:48:45 - Baby name meanings
- Speaking as a Michael (a Hebrew name, meaning ?Who is like God?), I'm really proud of my name. And I think that I ? mostly - live up to the title! Of course, my mother would probably disagree; I think the phrase ?little devil? would probably pass her lips if she was describing me during many stages of my childhood.
But then, my mother has her own issues; apparently her name (Kathlee...
- 2007-03-25 17:48:45 - Baby bedding wants vs. bedding baby needs
- If you walk into any baby store or online baby site you will find a multitude of styles and designs of baby bedding available. There is something for every nursery d?cor ever thought of by a new mother. If it's animals you want, there's everything from apes to zebras. If you want an angel motif, there are a hundred styles of angels. If you want nursery rhymes, just pick one and you will find a mat...
- 2007-03-25 17:48:45 - Baby acne
- One of the most common conditions a new mother may see on her infant, is baby acne. But while it is startling in so young a child, it's really not a serious issue, nor should you be overly concerned about the causes or cures.
Some babies when born, may have small red bumps on their face. This is not baby acne, but something called ?milia?, which usually disappears in a couple of wee...
- 2007-03-25 17:48:45 - Are you financially prepared to have a baby?
- Perhaps you are a newly married couple doing some family planning, or you may have just discovered that you have a little ?surprise? coming your way. Whether you are barely trying to get the hang of marriage and money management, or if you're simply looking ahead to a future with a baby in it, a little financial planning will go a long way once your bundle of jubilation comes along.
- 2007-03-25 17:48:45 - Andy griffith show family lessons
- Although it might seem pretty corny to a lot of folks today, the old Andy Griffith Show really did have a lot of common sense family values that we could learn from today.
Take for instance the episode "Bailey's Bad Boy" that guest starred Bill Bixby as a spoiled rich teenager who wanted his rich dad to bail him out of jail once he got in trouble in Mayberry. Bixby's character sees ...
- 2007-03-25 17:48:45 - Am i really a stroller-monger?
By David Leonhardt
I was reading "A Modern Infant Armada", a humor column in Maclean's Magazine written by a fellow humor columnist. Writing about it now is a bit like a painter painting another painter or a singer singing about another singer (but it not like a cook cooking another cook.).
David Russell (yes, another humor columnist named David) laughs at his...
- 2007-03-25 17:48:45 - All about baby highchairs
- Baby highchairs are not necessary for your child if s/he is under six months of age. Although some companies make them so they recline for infants, they are not necessary until your child is able to sit up. The choice is yours.
Highchairs currently come with all kinds of features that are really more for the parent or caregiver than the child. Although the nicely padded seat covers ...
- 2007-03-25 17:48:45 - A simple method for choosing the perfect name for your new baby
- A person's name is something they will carry with them for the rest of their lives. Selecting a baby's name is an important, but often difficult decision for many parents. Follow our guide for a simple process in selecting your baby's name.
Most people have some ideas for good baby names and have thought about it on and off throughout their entire lives. Remember that the other pare...